588,687 active members*
6,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: bolt frame build

had a chance to test thing under power. the z axis makes me giggle i thought it was going to be slow since it was a direct drive but it surprised me the cross axis did about as good as i thought and the long axis was not that great because of whip. so i have been working on a solution to that problem to get better results. the central drive makes things tight so any kind of driven nut design would not work well with what i have and another method that requires a linear rail would add more cost to an already over budget build so i came up with a guide / whip dampener that allows the central drive beam to pass under it. did some quick testing today after i did some more work on the entry and exit ramp piece and ran things up and down by hand and everything works really well at that level. so i feel good i am onto a cheap solution that will do some good for the machine.Attachment 438216Attachment 438218

Re: bolt frame build

been messing around with this for a few weeks and got it to a point where i think everything should work as it should without any issues. i changed a few things but everything works well. the new issue is the gearing on the long axis so i will be changing that to see if i can get some more traverse speed. as of now i can't over 230 IMP but i think i can get more. i just have to wait a few weeks for the new parts to come in since they are coming from over seas. i never thought this would be the fastest machine but i think it can do better so it's a work in progress i guess