Quote Originally Posted by --JawZ-- View Post
Another thought of placement, with the round bar and linear bearings in mind this time.

Angled with 2 cars
Angled with 3 cars

Just an interesting idea I got, again while reading your comment Peter. Unsure of how much better it would prove to be compared to a 90º traditional mounting. I would suppose the square rail could benefit from such a mounting arrangement more, if the load could be carried like this without introducing any weakness. The weakness would come, I think, from the edges/corner of the rail, and could minimize the amount of load the car could carry. That would however not be the case with a round rail car. The load is evenly distributed in any rotation. Unless the linear bearing is designed with a specific load "target point".

EDIT;

A more optimal design would be removing the standard housing, and implement reamed holes to fit the linear bearings. To be used directly into the "car". Ensuring an easier and more proper placement of the rods to each other,

A great benefit from linear bearings, beyond their price point, is their end user customization possibilities of the cars themselves. With HIWIN cars or IGUS cars, you are restricted to use their housing for proper utilization of the rail and car system.
What you are showing here is unsupported round rails which don't work well at all they must be supported if you are thinking of using round rails, IGUS don't have anything suitable for CNC machines as far as rails go