587,613 active members*
4,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Chinease 9Kw HSD ATC Spindle Knockoffs !

I am REALLY happy right now.

I switched the S1 and S2 sensor wires, because I got the Chinese instructions....but I did not revise my notes based on the Chinese instructions. terminal 1 was s2 and terminal 2 was s1 and I labeled and therefor connected the existing wires to the cnc wrong. That's why I used bullet connections....whoops.

Alignment is still slightly off, but I can do a toolchange now and, although the S3 sensor wire does show up in the PLC diagnostics screens on the Syntec controller, I seem to be able to do the toolchange without it, and I think I tested with the sensor output energized and not energized. But, so far so good.

I will bring the VFD manual home with me and see what I can learn if I can't use the existing due to poor documentation.

from another post here google turned up:

http://ftp.gongkong.com/UploadFile/d...4301800001.pdf

this is apparently the VFD manual (or a similar model) in Chinese. It can go to 1500hz so If I can figure out what to change I will be golden.

I'll compare what VFD stuff I know with what parts of the chinese I can read, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
    from another post here google turned up:

http://ftp.gongkong.com/UploadFile/d...4301800001.pdf

this is apparently the VFD manual (or a similar model) in Chinese. It can go to 1500hz so If I can figure out what to change I will be golden.

I'll compare what VFD stuff I know with what parts of the chinese I can read, and go from there.
    I'm having some luck with OCR processing bits of the original manual and running through Google translate. Slow going though, but I expect to know what bits to change by tomorrow.

The original manual doesn't have Chinese text that can be cut and pasted, that's the reason for the OCR, but the same process would work with paper documents.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

So

I am using the tools online to piece together what I need to know. This is a good method for any chinese-only manuals.

Google translate didn't work, apparently as the font's unicode information wasn't in the PDF. anything copy and pasted was mostly gibberish (except for the english bits)

So, the best technique seems to be:
    1) find the bits of the manual you want to translate, and take a picture of the section.....for formatting, smaller sections might be better. In particular, this PDF has two pages from the manual as one PDF page, which makes it hard to know if the translation is working from one section to the next as expected.

2) Then find a website that can OCR the picture into simplified Chinese (I am assuming it's simplified), and process the picture.
    I'm using i2ocr.com

3) Take the OCR text output and then that will get into google translate.

So far, for parameters to set I think I need to:
    Change or check parameter 01-00 needs to be set at 0 (IF it is currently zero. This is the low side of the 0-10V signal the control sends)
    Whoops, that looks wrong:
    Change Parameter 01-00 to max frequency (800hz)
    Change Parameter 01-01 to max frequency (800hz)
    Check Parameter 01-05 to see what the min output frequency is at. Range is .1-20 I think any of those would work ok
    (This I think is the min value of the 0-10v input signal, NOT 01-00)
    Check Parameter 01-06, should be 20 for the 380v version I am running.
    Change parameter 01-07 to be the max frequency safety limit, (800hz)
    Change parameter 01-08 to be the lower frequency safety limit, I will probably use 200hz for that putting my lower limit at 6000rpm to be safe
    (and remember this has a separate electric cooling fan not spindle mounted, and I will almost never go this slow in use)
    Change Parameter 07-04 to 4, the number of poles in the motor.

If I look at the typical huangyang settings posted (usually by Mactec54), and assuming my VFD was set up ok from the factory which I will sort of assume is good enough given the machine is 10 years in use, then I think the above changes are it....but two others that I am a little unsure of:

Parameter 03-04 translates as "Arbitrary arrival frequency setting 0. 0-1500 range, factory setting of Hz 0.0",
    Parameter 01-14 translates as" Vivid running frequency setting 0.0-1500.0 Hz range, factory setting of 6.0
    These I will check the values of.

And of course, check if the parameters are locked or not, which is 00-02. I don't think I will lock them after the changes either as the VFD is very much out of site and mind most of the time.

Any comments welcome!

OK,

Doing this.

00-02 was 00 value so nothing was locked
    01-00 was 400, changed to 800
    01-01 was 401 changed to 800
    01-05 was 20, left at 20
    01-06 was 1, changed to 20
    01-07 was 400, changed to 800, where is maxed out I notice.....
    01-08 was 0, changed to 200
    01-14 was 6 (the factory default), left at 6
    03-04 was 0 (factory default), left at 0

OK, it works!.....on the high end. I did not successfully limit the low end to 6000rpm, but nor were the value of the 0-10v input off, so either 01-8 wasn't the lower limit or there are two places I need to set it......not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
    So

I am using the tools online to piece together what I need to know. This is a good method for any chinese-only manuals.

Google translate didn't work, apparently as the font's unicode information wasn't in the PDF. anything copy and pasted was mostly gibberish (except for the english bits)

So, the best technique seems to be:
    1) find the bits of the manual you want to translate, and take a picture of the section.....for formatting, smaller sections might be better. In particular, this PDF has two pages from the manual as one PDF page, which makes it hard to know if the translation is working from one section to the next as expected.

2) Then find a website that can OCR the picture into simplified Chinese (I am assuming it's simplified), and process the picture.
    I'm using i2ocr.com

3) Take the OCR text output and then that will get into google translate.

So far, for parameters to set I think I need to:
    Change or check parameter 01-00 needs to be set at 0 (IF it is currently zero. This is the low side of the 0-10V signal the control sends)
    Whoops, that looks wrong:
    Change Parameter 01-00 to max frequency (800hz)
    Change Parameter 01-01 to max frequency (800hz)
    Check Parameter 01-05 to see what the min output frequency is at. Range is .1-20 I think any of those would work ok
    (This I think is the min value of the 0-10v input signal, NOT 01-00)
    Check Parameter 01-06, should be 20 for the 380v version I am running.
    Change parameter 01-07 to be the max frequency safety limit, (800hz)
    Change parameter 01-08 to be the lower frequency safety limit, I will probably use 200hz for that putting my lower limit at 6000rpm to be safe
    (and remember this has a separate electric cooling fan not spindle mounted, and I will almost never go this slow in use)
    Change Parameter 07-04 to 4, the number of poles in the motor.

If I look at the typical huangyang settings posted (usually by Mactec54), and assuming my VFD was set up ok from the factory which I will sort of assume is good enough given the machine is 10 years in use, then I think the above changes are it....but two others that I am a little unsure of:

Parameter 03-04 translates as "Arbitrary arrival frequency setting 0. 0-1500 range, factory setting of Hz 0.0",
    Parameter 01-14 translates as" Vivid running frequency setting 0.0-1500.0 Hz range, factory setting of 6.0
    These I will check the values of.

And of course, check if the parameters are locked or not, which is 00-02. I don't think I will lock them after the changes either as the VFD is very much out of site and mind most of the time.

Any comments welcome!
    Yes you are doing ok it's hard to translate sometimes as sometimes what you get won't make any sense as some characters won't translate at all into anything related to what is written
    Mactec54