Quote Originally Posted by Tigster View Post
Hey Bruce, good to see you over here from HM. If you read this thread there is some talk as to the purpose of the HUB when you use a CAM software. I know tools would be good o have setup and maintained. IS there anything in particular you use it for other than this? I'm pretty sure you use F360?
I'm still a g-code programmer with some conversational thrown in. I write the g-code in either Notepad or PP's g-edit. I store the routines in folders on our home computer and upload them to the PP hub to debug in virtual PP. Once (mostly) debugged, head out to the shop and fire up the 1100. Download the routine from the hub, run/debug and upload the final version to the PP hub for downloading/archiving on the home computer.

We have Solidworks and access to Unigraphics, but I haven't dipped my toe into either yet. My wife is a UG designer, have sucked her into a few of my projects to get tangent points or a quick sketch.

I was hesitant to jump into F360 right after they went from the $100,000 limit to $1000. Thought that was the hand writing on the wall. Especially when we have full versions of SW and UG though I'm not certain what UG has for CAM.

Bruce