587,229 active members*
5,421 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > VFD interface to other equipment.
Page 6 of 7 4567

Re: VFD interface to other equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by brianhatley View Post
    Oh, I see. That’s an easy fix. My sub panel came with the bus bar attached to the neutral connection, my mistake was assuming it was the same wiring as the main. So I’ll get a few bus bars, and run an isolated neutral, and ground inside both my switch panel and my sub panel.

Could this cause communication issues with the vfd?
    You only need the panel to be wired correct any other wiring outside of the sub panel would be normal wiring practice's

Check that the Built in bus to see if it is isolated or not most sub box's are when you buy them and some you just need to add the Ground Bus which mounts direct to the metal Box

A power Filter will help with any EMI noise this should be mounted close to the input power to the VFD Drive and all mounted on a Grounded metal Plate

Lambada RSEN-2030L for your filter
    Mactec54

Hello everyone, I have read this thread and many others and many hours on the WEB looking for a solution to this configuration issue Gecko G540 and VFD that by the way mine is a DZB300 (Chinese like all), I tried different configurations not to use a relay and I couldn't get my spindle to work ... so did it work for someone without a relay or did everyone who published here use it with a relay?
    I must also say that my cnc works fine BUT using the VFD manually.
    Comments please.
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgardo_dv View Post
    Hello everyone, I have read this thread and many others and many hours on the WEB looking for a solution to this configuration issue Gecko G540 and VFD that by the way mine is a DZB300 (Chinese like all), I tried different configurations not to use a relay and I couldn't get my spindle to work ... so did it work for someone without a relay or did everyone who published here use it with a relay?
    Comments please.
    Regards.
    The G540 Most end up using a Relay for the On / Off should not have any problem with the 0-10v analog speed control connection though
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by brianhatley View Post
    I put on a different adapter, this one seems significantly more rigid, it works again

Also I got some little bus bar terminal block things. I’ll go ahead and fix that panel wiring too!
    They are not suitable as a Bus they are regular Terminal Blocks, this is what is most common way to do it, it should not be isolate like those terminal blocks are, they mount in the metal cabinet on an unpainted surface
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grounding Bus-1.PNG   Grounding Bus in a Cabinet.PNG  
    Mactec54

Default Re: VFD interface to other equipment.
    Comments please.
    Regards.
    The G540 Most end up using a Relay for the On / Off should not have any problem with the 0-10v analog speed control connection though

Hello Mactec54, thanks for your comment, if I agree that it should work with an ele, it is more the original G540 manual has a relay in the photo, therefore it is assumed that this is the official configuration, but my query was for to know if it can be connected directly to portico number 5 of the G540 controller in this way it would eliminate the relay that would undoubtedly be very convenient, I am doing tests with Mach4 hobby and I intend to continue with that and I intend to continue with it, now I have to find out about Mach4 and ESS configuration
    For this to work.
    That for now greetings to all.

Default Re: VFD interface to other equipment.
    Comments please.
    Regards.

Hello Mactec54, thanks for your comment, if I agree that it should work with an ele, it is more the original G540 manual has a relay in the photo, therefore it is assumed that this is the official configuration, but my query was for to know if it can be connected directly to portico number 5 of the G540 controller in this way it would eliminate the relay that would undoubtedly be very convenient, I am doing tests with Mach4 hobby and I intend to continue with that and I intend to continue with it, now I have to find out about Mach4 and ESS configuration
    For this to work.
    That for now greetings to all.
    This would be using the VFD Drive connection as NPN this can be done but this is not a safe connection, as the VFD Drive can start because it is not an isolated connection, a Relay isolates this connection so is the best choice for this type of connection, using a Relay is simple there is no Voltage required to switch On / Off side of the Relay to the VFD Drive it just a switch
    Mactec54

OKAY. I agree and I will follow your advice, it is but right now I will implement it and comment.
    Regards.

The Huanyang as in most VFD's has the PLC inputs isolated via opto isolators.
    You can see a row of the 4pin optos at the bottom of the board just above the terminals.
    VFD's such as the Mitsubishi I use actually show the same set up when interfacing a PLC with the VFD direct.
    Electronically identical.

Automation Direct sheet on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi Al_ thanks for the comment, as I mentioned before I wanted to do tests with a relay but I found that I do not have 48V only 24V so I will have to buy, about your comment I must say that my VFD is Chinese Fuling I imagine it is a clone , This came in the purchased kit I upload the information in case it works for someone.
    I am looking at the PLC inputs.

Hi Al_ thanks for the comment, as I mentioned before I wanted to do tests with a relay but I found that I do not have 48V only 24V so I will have to buy, about your comment I must say that my VFD is Chinese Fuling I imagine it is a clone , This came in the purchased kit I upload the information in case it works for someone.
    I am looking at the PLC inputs.
    You don't need any voltage S1 and DCM are your connections for On / Off VI and ACM are for your speed control 0-10v

Your Breakout Board or the G540 will give you the voltage from an output, that is all you need to turn on a simple Relay make sure the Relay input voltage is in the range of the output voltage from the Breakout Board or the G540

You can use a solid state Relay also SSR for total Isolation
    Mactec54

The SSR shown is an AC version, you need a DC version, also that is ~10amp rated, way overkill, you can get the older style smaller Opto22 modules cheap that are used typically in this application.
    They come in 5vdc or 24vdc input power
    And that is shown sourcing configuration, you need to sink the VFD input. Just as is done with a relay (sink) contact

Albert E.

Friends, very grateful for your comments and help in my configuration, I already ordered the relays should arrive soon. once echo I will upload data.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    The SSR shown is an AC version, you need a DC version, also that is ~10amp rated, way overkill, you can get the older style smaller Opto22 modules cheap that are used typically in this application.
    They come in 5vdc or 24vdc input power
    And that is shown sourcing configuration, you need to sink the VFD input. Just as is done with a relay (sink) contact
    This is the one I use, the snips in the last post are just a reference of type choices Opto 22 DC60S3 this is a 3 amp the photo is a 5 amp 3-32v input
    Mactec54

I have quick access to this relay. They have two switched output contacts, what do you think?

By the way, I did a test with a recovered mini relay but I did not get its coil to close the output circuit, something is wrong in my Mach4 configuration ... I am collecting information now on the WEB

this is the correct relay

I have quick access to this relay. They have two switched output contacts, what do you think?

By the way, I did a test with a recovered mini relay but I did not get its coil to close the output circuit, something is wrong in my Mach4 configuration ... I am collecting information now on the WEB
    This really is to much relay for what you need, the coil would have to work with 5v from your Breakout Board output signal for it to work
    Mactec54

this is the correct relay
    No that requires 48v for it to work you most likely only have 5v from your output
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No that requires 48v for it to work you most likely only have 5v from your output

Dear, Mactec if it is for 48 V as you indicate but here comes my confusion since I adjust to the Gencko Drive configuration that I attach here, then the doubts assail me I am only trying to use the source of the 48vdc kit ...
    I upload the echematic please your opinions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CONFIGURACION CABLEADO VFD-BOMBA.jpg   G540 4-AXIS DRIVE.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I upload the echematic please your opinions.
    The relays require a BEMF diode, e.g. (1N7004) across the coils, otherwise the driving device can be destroyed.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    The relays require a BEMF diode, e.g. (1N7004) across the coils, otherwise the driving device can be destroyed.

Hi AL, if you are correct, I had read earlier and put a diode according to the diagram, even so the relay does not activate, I am stuck, apparently the signal does not reach port 5 of my Gecko ... I am stuck.

Page 6 of 7 4567