587,719 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > 4x8, steel frame, 2.2 kw spindle, clearpath, UC-300Eth build

Hybrid View

Re: 4x8, steel frame, 2.2 kw spindle, clearpath, UC-300Eth build

Quote Originally Posted by arogers1987 View Post
    Yes I do see this list in various places, thanks for posting then! I have double checked it with all of my parameters, so these values should work. Do you have any EMI filters youd recommend for my setup? (2.2 kw huanyang spindle/vfd)

For anyone else viewing this thread, I am really stuck with the HLFB, clearpath, and inputting in UC CNC where I have connected HLFB for the clearpaths. I have scoured the web for this info and cant find anyone saying exactly how they accomplished this. Thank you everyone for help and suggestions!!
    My Parameter lists have been copied hundreds of times they can also be found on some resellers web sites also

The Filter is a TDK Lambda RSEN-2030L this needs to be mounted as close to the VFD Drives input Power connection as possible Twist all Power wires where possible

As for Clearpath wiring you best is to contact them for your connection wiring or your Breakout Board manufacture or both

HLFB is ClearPath's configurable High Level Feedback output. The output is optional, meaning you can run the motor without wiring it to anything
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    My Parameter lists have been copied hundreds of times they can also be found on some resellers web sites also

The Filter is a TDK Lambda RSEN-2030L this needs to be mounted as close to the VFD Drives input Power connection as possible Twist all Power wires where possible

As for Clearpath wiring you best is to contact them for your connection wiring or your Breakout Board manufacture or both

HLFB is ClearPath's configurable High Level Feedback output. The output is optional, meaning you can run the motor without wiring it to anything
    Yes, I have reached out to CNC Drive forums (they produce the UC CNC software), Joes CNC forums (where my initial build log is), emailed two different people with the company that makes the UC300eth-ub1, and also the reason I started the thread here because I believe this forum has more traffic and a better chance to run into someone with the same setup! No responses anywhere yet, but I will keep trying to find the solution myself until someone with more experience than me using clearpaths chimes in lol

Hi arogers1987,

I’m an applications engineer at Teknic and I came across your post yesterday. First of all, I’m sorry to hear about the difficulty resolving this issue. While I’ve never used a UC300Eth before, I, or one of my colleagues, may be able to help you wire the ClearPath HLFB output to it. We’re happy to help sort out ClearPath wiring issues, but we probably can’t offer much when it comes to using the UC CNC software (you can view example wiring schematics on page 49 of the ClearPath manual located here: https://www.teknic.com/files/downloa...ser_manual.pdf). In reading this forum though, there appears to be a number of friendly, knowledgeable people here that can help with the controller and software configuration.

I also wanted to mention that mactec54’s description of the HLFB output and his assertion that you can operate your ClearPath motors without wiring to the HLFB are both technically correct. That said, running without monitoring the HLFB output (i.e. not using it as an “alarm” input to your board) can lead to other problems. For example, I’ve seen cases–in an “HLFB unmonitored” machine–where one motor experienced a safety-related shutdown, and all the other motors continued the job because the system had no way of knowing about the one that shut down. This situation lead to a crash, resulting in a broken machine tool, a damaged work piece, and damaged mechanics (which were expensive and time consuming to fix).

Ideally, your ClearPath motors would be wired such that if one motor experienced a shutdown, the controller would receive an alert and immediately turn off the enable signal to all of the motors, and/or remove motor power, depending on your system’s features and capabilities. By wiring all of your HLFB outputs in series, as you described earlier in this thread, it sounds like that’s your strategy. I’d encourage you to stick with it if at all possible.

Please feel free to reach out to Teknic by calling 585-784-7454, or send us a contact request if we can help: https://www.teknic.com/contact/.

Good luck with your project!

Jim W. - Teknic Servo Systems Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Teknic_Servo View Post
    Hi arogers1987,

I’m an applications engineer at Teknic and I came across your post yesterday. First of all, I’m sorry to hear about the difficulty resolving this issue. While I’ve never used a UC300Eth before, I, or one of my colleagues, may be able to help you wire the ClearPath HLFB output to it. We’re happy to help sort out ClearPath wiring issues, but we probably can’t offer much when it comes to using the UC CNC software (you can view example wiring schematics on page 49 of the ClearPath manual located here: https://www.teknic.com/files/downloa...ser_manual.pdf). In reading this forum though, there appears to be a number of friendly, knowledgeable people here that can help with the controller and software configuration.

I also wanted to mention that mactec54’s description of the HLFB output and his assertion that you can operate your ClearPath motors without wiring to the HLFB are both technically correct. That said, running without monitoring the HLFB output (i.e. not using it as an “alarm” input to your board) can lead to other problems. For example, I’ve seen cases–in an “HLFB unmonitored” machine–where one motor experienced a safety-related shutdown, and all the other motors continued the job because the system had no way of knowing about the one that shut down. This situation lead to a crash, resulting in a broken machine tool, a damaged work piece, and damaged mechanics (which were expensive and time consuming to fix).

Ideally, your ClearPath motors would be wired such that if one motor experienced a shutdown, the controller would receive an alert and immediately turn off the enable signal to all of the motors, and/or remove motor power, depending on your system’s features and capabilities. By wiring all of your HLFB outputs in series, as you described earlier in this thread, it sounds like that’s your strategy. I’d encourage you to stick with it if at all possible.

Please feel free to reach out to Teknic by calling 585-784-7454, or send us a contact request if we can help: https://www.teknic.com/contact/.

Good luck with your project!

Jim W. - Teknic Servo Systems Engineer
    The information I posted about the HLFB was posted by one of your Tec's that had posted on another site, the OP was just wanting to get it going and was having a problem with what to do with the HLFB , so the easiest way to get going was not to worry about HLFB until he was running and tested his machine
    Mactec54