587,629 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Tormach 1100MX vs SYIL X7 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    Sorry, im not american. Didn't clarify. For tormach (or grizzly for example) the tarrifs get stacked on, but with syil the machine never visits the US so, not an issue. I know for grizzly the tarrifs are something like 50% (insane). Not sure if tormach winds up with the same.

No tarrifs on a haas of course in any case. So (for me) tormach is as a massive price disadvantage in addition to the performance disadvantage to both syil and haas.
    I'm in Canada as well. Canada has no tariffs on CNC machinery. I wonder if Tormach is able to have the tariffs paid on machines imported to the USA refunded when sales are made to customers outside the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    I'm in Canada as well. Canada has no tariffs on CNC machinery. I wonder if Tormach is able to have the tariffs paid on machines imported to the USA refunded when sales are made to customers outside the USA?
    I'm not sure. Are tormachs just popped otu of a crate from china? Or is there work done in the US. Novakon for example just brought in frames, and did actual work integrating the control in canada, so it becomes a hybrid product.

So the TM-0P is $38600us with 10k spindle, rigid tap and HSM.
    Tormach is 34k for the deluxe kit. To chose the tormach seems idiotic at least on paper (there are other factors not to do with the spec, like getting it into your basement)

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    So the TM-0P is $38600us with 10k spindle, rigid tap and HSM.
    Tormach is 34k for the deluxe kit. To chose the tormach seems idiotic at least on paper (there are other factors not to do with the spec, like getting it into your basement)
    Haas has various discounts programs at different times of the year. Last August I believe they had 25% off on mini mills and CM mills. In Canada they had 15% off all machines and options until June 2021. The 15% discount also came off any options added at time of purchase. I would think that a 5%-10% discount off Haas's list price can be negotiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    Haas has various discounts programs at different times of the year. Last August I believe they had 25% off on mini mills and CM mills. In Canada they had 15% off all machines and options until June 2021. The 15% discount also came off any options added at time of purchase. I would think that a 5%-10% discount off Haas's list price can be negotiated.
    Yeah they negotiate, so, i bet it is not unreasonable for them to match the tormach pricing to make the sale.

Tormach needs a ground up new machine if they want to play in this price zone - maybe one made in the US once metal prices have stabilised.