There is no false hope. I won’t be purchasing any spindle until I completely understand the specs of the spindle/VFD. I’m just asking some additional questions along the way because I haven’t had anything to do with 3ph power theory since my days at school a long time ago and those brain cells need some refreshing.

Out of interest, what type of circuit do people usually have in North America for running one of these Chinese 2.2kW spindles with a single phase supply? And if there is anyone from Aus/NZ that has one of these spindles, what type of circuit do you have?

EDIT: Is it possible to derate the VFD/Spindle to limit the output power so I can use my currently available power supply? If that is possible, I could buy the 2.2kW Spindle and use it at a lower power setting until I can upgrade the power circuit at a later time. I’m expecting a new circuit (wiring, circuit breaker, labour costs, etc, won’t need a sub board because the garage is attached to the house) will be too expensive to upgrade with my currently available budget allocates to the CNC. It would be a bonus if I can buy the larger spindle first time round without needing to buy a smaller one and upgrade later.