Hey community, good evening!
I just got a Haas VF-7/50 at the auction. I activated it and started spindle warmup program.
Right away load meter shows me 200% load, and spindle doesn’t go over 50 rpm with chewing noise (from the gearbox, because it’s shaking cw-ccw every little step motor makes).
I have read all haas manuals, repair guides etc. I checked eye-delta contactor - it’s seems to be good. I have all 3 phases going from the main breaker to the transformer, then to the contactor, then to spindle motor. The motor doesn’t have any signs of shortage (checked with my multimeter). Encoder seems to be good also, it was a little dirty and oily, I cleaned it up and reinstalled. Spindle spins freely by hand. It’s 2011 model year, vector drive. Magnetic encoder on the bottom of the gearbox.
I’m afraid to call haas because I have heard a lot of reviews that they just guessing and replacing parts and it’s getting expensive really fast.
Please give me any advice, thoughts, maybe someone have this experience before. I appreciate all you guys.

Best.

Sergei.