587,772 active members*
2,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Hybrid View

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

I apologize if this has been gone over before. I scanned the thread but I couldn't find it.

I am prepping to set up a HY 110V 2.2kW VFD to use with a HY 110V, 2.2kW, 400HZ spindle.

The manual is making me crazy. Specifically I am having trouble understanding the settings for PD006 , 7, 9 and 10. The manual states these are important and can cause issues if they are not set correctly.

I wrote to HY through Amazon. Here is what I sent:

HelloI just purchased the 110V, 2.2KW VFD. I plan to use it with a Huanyang 110V, 2.2KW spindle.
    The manual that came with my VFD does not have settings for the 110v in charts.
    I do not know how to set my spindle for a curve of constant torque. Specifically I am confused about settings PD006, PD007, Pd009 and PD010.
    Do you have any documentation that will be helpful?
    Thank you
    They replied:

PD006, PD007, Pd009 and PD010.
    These are not necessary parameter Settings
    pd005=400,pd004 =400pd003=400 pd072=400,pd144=3000
    pd008=110
    Set these parameters, and then the input wire is connected to R and T terminals, and the output wire is connected to the UVW terminal
    So, other than setting the VFD to accept signals from my controller, is this all I need to do??? Leave the VFD at default setting and make these specific changes???? The manual specifiically states that getting the above mentioned settings wrong can cause damage.

Can anyone translate what these settings actually mean? Or... If I just need to study up some more... Can someone point to where I can find this info? I don't mind doing the "woodshed" time but I can't seem to find specific answers.

Again, forgive me if this has already been covered. I scanned this thread and others but I very well could have missed it.

Thanks

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMental View Post
    I apologize if this has been gone over before. I scanned the thread but I couldn't find it.

I am prepping to set up a HY 110V 2.2kW VFD to use with a HY 110V, 2.2kW, 400HZ spindle.

The manual is making me crazy. Specifically I am having trouble understanding the settings for PD006 , 7, 9 and 10. The manual states these are important and can cause issues if they are not set correctly.

I wrote to HY through Amazon. Here is what I sent:

They replied:

So, other than setting the VFD to accept signals from my controller, is this all I need to do??? Leave the VFD at default setting and make these specific changes???? The manual specifiically states that getting the above mentioned settings wrong can cause damage.

Can anyone translate what these settings actually mean? Or... If I just need to study up some more... Can someone point to where I can find this info? I don't mind doing the "woodshed" time but I can't seem to find specific answers.

Again, forgive me if this has already been covered. I scanned this thread and others but I very well could have missed it.

Thanks
    Well, you need a lot more than just those Parameters set, they are just covering the needed Parameters, so you don't smoke the spindle or drive on first try

The problem is the 2.2Kw spindle won't run very well on your 120v single phase supply unless you have a 40A circuit minimum the spindle can use up to 10A for 220v model the single-phase supply to the VFD Drive for the 220v spindle requires 20A to 25A minimum single-phase circuit, so using 120v single-phase will need double that of the 240v circuit

It will run on a 120v Single Phase Circuit, without the required Amps it will perform very poorly, I never recommend more than a 1.5Kw spindle for 120v single phase supply

It is quite easy to calculate the missing Parameters you are referring too, the Parameters that are throughout this thread, yours are no different than a 220v /240v spindle only the voltage has to be changed

Your Voltage to Hz ratio is 400/110= 3.636 this is what you have to use to calculate the mid Voltage

The manual does not provide any mid voltage / frequency information for a 400Hz spindle only 50Hz / 60Hz, so this has to be calculated

So, you have a Minimum Speed and a Max

6,000=100Hz

7,200=120Hz the preferred Minimum speed

15,600=260Hz mid Hz Mid voltage=94.5v

24,000=400Hz

These numbers are only for 110v Spindle, if any of the speeds are changed from these Parameter settings then the Mid Frequency / Voltage would have to be recalculated
    Mactec54