587,744 active members*
2,718 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Hybrid View

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Oh wow! Thank you! That is very generous of your time. I appreciate it.

I am going to study up on this a little more. Someone told me once that the advantage of the VFD is that it has constant torque throughout the RPM range. It is good to know better.

Regarding the shop vac: I understand the difference in motors but I can see in my post to where it wouldn't seem that way. All I was getting at is that I figured HY was being generous with their specs the same way a vacuum mfg uses inrush current to advertise horsepower.

Hopefully this upgrade will actually be just that. I was using a Makita trim router previously.

--

Quick question: Our service around here is 120V rather than 110V. Would it be better if I recalculate for that voltage?

Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMental View Post
    Oh wow! Thank you! That is very generous of your time. I appreciate it.

I am going to study up on this a little more. Someone told me once that the advantage of the VFD is that it has constant torque throughout the RPM range. It is good to know better.

Regarding the shop vac: I understand the difference in motors but I can see in my post to where it wouldn't seem that way. All I was getting at is that I figured HY was being generous with their specs the same way a vacuum mfg uses inrush current to advertise horsepower.

Hopefully this upgrade will actually be just that. I was using a Makita trim router previously.

--

Quick question: Our service around here is 120V rather than 110V. Would it be better if I recalculate for that voltage?
    All NA service Voltage is 120v /240v for Single Phase, the Motor Name Plate is what sets all Parameters

The calculation is using what your spindle Voltage is 110v nothing on the outside of the VFD Drives input has any relationship to the Spindle Name Plate Spec's this is what is Programed by your Parameters

Don't expect to much as you will only have around 1080w from your 2200w spindle 9A @110v=1080w and that is with a power factor of 1 which you won't have with this setup

This is why an 800w to 1.5Kw spindle is the max for a 120v supply, it is always better though to run a 240v Single Phase supply for these spindles though, this would be a 240v 30A 4 wire supply which you can then use for your whole machine

A good warning for any others that may be reading these posts is to never buy a used or new 110v 2.2Kw spindle
    Mactec54