Hello mactec

Yes I did run the spindle motor with the original VFD. It seemed to work quite well. The main problem is that it would not communicate with my controller and I had to start-stop and set the speed from the keypad. This is not what I wanted. So I ordered this VFD hoping that the situation would improve. Now I cannot even get the spindle motor to run. But wait! There's more!

My thought process followed along the same lines as yours, so I bought another spindle motor. Damn, this is getting expensive!

The new spindle motor reacts exactly as the original spindle motor - trips on overload.

Now to replay to your last set of questions. The line voltage coming in to the VFD is 240 VAC (measured). The feed comes from a 20 amp double pole breaker. I also have a pair of fast blow 20 amp fuses in line just before the leads connect to L1(L) and L3 (N). Voltage was measured across L1 and L3.

I measured 1.8 ohms across the windings on both motors. The ground pin is NOT connected to the case.

00-05 and 00-06 cannot be the same! 00-05 is presently set at 0, when I try to canged it to 1 I get the dreaded ERR2 display.

Likewise 00-06 is currently set to 1. Tried to change it to "0" and got the ERR2 message.

I have reached out to Marshall Wolf Automation in order to get a refund for this POS. I am considering replacing it with a Hitachi or Fuji Electric.

It cannot be this hard to get a drive up and running - there's something very wrong here.