Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
Yes, there is something not right with that VFD Drive, it should not be that difficult to set up

The Spindle must have the 4th Pin Grounded you can't run it unless it is Grounded, this is very dangerous. below is a snip of what you have to do if your spindle is water cooled it's a little different if you have an Air Cooed Spindle, but still has to be done before you apply any Power, this is quite common for some of these Spindle to not have the Ground connected.

Your Power supply is all good there should not be any Fues in these lines if anything you should be using a Breaker so the VFD Drive can be isolated in the Cabinet if need be.

Put your original VFD Drive in place, and I will help you get the remote control working, almost all VFD Drive have the same setup for remote control so there must be a way to get it working with your control or you will have the same with all the VFD Drives you try

Do you have the manual for the first VFD Drive you used if you post it, I can see how it needs to be controlled, and what Machine Control are you using
Grounding the case should not affect whether or not the motor will run. This is mainly to protect me or some other unsuspecting person from touching the case or CNC frame in the event one of the phases shorts to the case. But yes, I should make the modification.

Fuses are recommended by the manufacturer in this case. I would never rely soley on a molded case circuit breaker to protect the electronics. Response time for a fast blow fuse is typically around 2 milliseconds, breaker response time is on the order of 0.02 to 0.05 seconds.

Unfortunately I no longer have the original drive. I gave it to a friend who uses it for a koi pond pump. The manual is written in Chinglish and was not downloadable in .pdf form and requires a magnifying glass to read because the printing was so small.

The TECO Westinghouse VFD is twice the size of the original VFD and costs 5X that of the original. In addition it is warranty protected. That is why I am reaching out to the supplier to either replace this unit or refund my purchase price.

By the way, did you notice that the very first parameter setting requires you to specify V/F curve speed control or Sensorless Vector speed control? Does this selection disable the ability to change some parameters? Also the manual says we have the capability to select up to six V/F curves, but it doesn't explain how.

I will post when I hear back from the supplier.