Well I spoke too soon. Got about half way thru an engraving project, and a whole new problem has emerged.

It cuts fine at 95% output, it was working so well for my cutting projects that i took on an engraving job. At 7.5% where I'm engraving switch covers it hit a point where the laser wont fire. sometimes it will stop all together with no code, most times it will go through the motions without the laser firing about half way into an engraving. If i set the machine to fire at 95 percent for a moment, then run it back at 7.5%, most times that allows it to operate for some time.

when its running through the motions with no laser firing, my milli amp meter is still plugging along as if it were working fine. i tried running the software at 100% and gating back the percentage with the knob on the machine. kind of the same problem, it just doesn't want to fire below a particular amperage. maybe its not really made to operate at such a low setting, or maybe that low setting generates a lot of heat somewhere that damaged something.

I'm taking my problem to the light burn forum per your suggestion, just thought id post here as well.