587,832 active members*
3,594 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Where to buy Linear Rails & Ballscrews

Hybrid View

Re: Where to buy Linear Rails & Ballscrews

Hi Kolias - No its a complete solution. very easy to use. Just wire in the motors and external bits. The GUi is free and its wireless. Once set up with a USB chord you can run it wireless from the computer or your phone. Means you don't need a pendant. Support has been excellent, although the learning curve was like 1 hr (I use uccnc and the transition was effortless). They are improving various things weekly and updates come in when you open the software. I don't have wireless in the shed I use but I walk down the front open Fusion, it flips to local and then I go to the machine and it all works fine. Read the manuals etc and ask cnc3d any questions. They have 3 guys there on the phone and email answering Q's most times... I have run a Gecko and its much better than that! Download the GUI and have a play... its called Commander.

The only thing I don't like is that the tool motion/toolpath is not displayed real time, but they are working on that now... Peter

Scoot - Lots of wires to figure out (and buy), BOB, motion controller etc at least a week of effort...
    Nighthawk - all in one box 4A drivers plug in power and motors etc and go, plug and play... ... you can buy the internal board and use external drivers if you want, I'm doing that next time and using a 60V system...

Re: Where to buy Linear Rails & Ballscrews

Nice machine you got there Peter, will read the manual and then decide.
    Nicolas