587,775 active members*
2,892 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Where would you buy ballscrews and rails?

Where would you buy ballscrews and rails?

Hi,

I have read a lot of posts and logs, and it seems that most builders get parts through EBay. If you should buy from a store, where would you purchased this. I would like to buy from USA.

3 complete set of ballscrews for 40x25x5 inch router
    3 complete set of rigid rails

I have the design and electronics ready. I want precision and my budget is around 1800 USD.

I would like to get your advice on which brand/model I should choose. There is so much to choose from and this is my first CNC project.

Jan Henning

think the main problem is being in norway. I'd say mcmaster car other wise for most of the bits. Ebay is good if they ship out of US (most probalby do not) http://www.qbcbearings.com/RFQ/Defau...e=B612Main.htm for rod if they go out of the US. Was the cheepest I found as I recall.

b.

Thanks for the reply! QBC do not have ballscrews, and that is my main concern at the moment. I found a cheap supplier of rails in Sweden, but the ballscrews i find locally is very expensive. I have considered buying a K2CNC KG 3925-G, or the THK version, but I have access to a workshop through a friend, and he is happy to help me with the machining. I have gathered a lot of ideas on this forum, so my first challenge is to get the parts we can't make ourselves.

I want to import the equipment from the US because the currency exchange rates we have these days. The best solution would be to get it all from one supplier to save on shipping.

I would like 20mm Linear Rails on all axes and 3 sets of 16x5mm rolled ballscrews with minimal backlash. The movement should be 1000x400x150mm / 40x20x6 inces.

I look for these things on EBay all the time, but I think buying from separate sources will be expensive because of the freight cost. I would like a cheap store that ship overseas and have everything I need.

Jan

Hei.

I got all the parts for mine from various sellers on Ebay. The shipping cost was usually ~$50-60 for the larger parts. One of the ballscrews I bought had a little play so I reballed it and now it's great! All the THK and IKO rails I bought are in great condition.

Mcmaster car will not ship to norwegian customers, I asked them about it and they said they no longer do it, unfortunately.

Heisann

I have followed your progress with the table-integrated router and I think it looks great. The sandwich design seems very rigid. Nice work!

The ballscrews with mounts are just what I would like on my project. It may be custom made since they are used, but I would love to get just the same for my router.

Jan

Have you tried Marchant Dice in the UK, I'm pretty sure they ship to Norway.

Search Marchant Dice under shops on the UK Ebay.

For 1800 Dollars you will get Hiwin linear track/trucks with plenty to spare.
    On an average size machine it will be about 1000 dollars, but they do round rail systems for about 400 dollars and they are pretty accurate (1-2mm over 6M length) deflection.

Hiwin is German and very accurate, top name workshop machines use this grade of rail.

I have bought small items from Marchant Dice http://www.marchantdice.com/ a few times, both through the Ebay-shop and through Email. It's a good shop in my experience!