587,258 active members*
2,943 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Replacement for BobCad/Cam software

Hybrid View

Re: Replacement for BobCad/Cam software

Hi,
    this is as good a round-up as I have seen.

https://www.cnccookbook.com/cnccookb...-the-best-cam/

Not surprising that the top end market is still dominated by Mastercam at 30%. Powermill, SolidCAM, GibbsCAM and Camworks battling for the minor placings.

Probably no surprise that the so called 'Tiered Market' is dominated by Fusion with a 45% share.

The low end market is dominated by CamBam and MeshCAM. Many others are mentioned (including Dolphin) but CamBam and MeshCAM constitute nearly 45% of the low end market.

The overall result is surprising, Fusion has a 25% market share of all markets with Mastercam and Aspire coming in with 12%. each. Thus Fusion, Mastercam and Aspire are nearly 50% of the
    world market. Bobcad is slipping a bit with about 5.5% share.

Craig

Re: Replacement for BobCad/Cam software

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    this is as good a round-up as I have seen.
    All this data is way out of date and I would seriously question the source. Fusion was good in 2021. Free for hobby guys back then, and I was getting 4th axis for free as part of the standard price. Now it's in the machining module at $1500 extra a year.

I recommended Dolphin, and back then it was bad. Lacked a lot of stuff from adaptive to proper rotary support. But now it's great.

And, if Vetric add adaptive toolpaths in V.12, then my bet is you will see a lot of growth from them as well.