588,219 active members*
4,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Apex 1R (706) Fault: Drive Fault: Z1

Hi everyone!

I am getting a fault on my Multicam Apex 1R during the homing process. I get in right when the homing process starts and click through it. Sometimes it pops up multiple time during the homing process. Once I click through the error, the fault alert goes away.

Fault Message: (706) Fault: Drive Fault: Z1

Does anyone know what the issue is? I really appreciate any help/advice!

Re: Apex 1R (706) Fault: Drive Fault: Z1

I have a MC 1000 and a 3000 and I have seen this when one of the drives goes bad or loses power. On my machines you open the control panel and ensure there is steady green LEDs on each drive (flashing means error, no lights means no power) . On mine they are techniks drives but on the APEX units which are newer they may be different. The idea is that the system is telling you that the Z axis is faulting, could be just that drive, could be a connection, could be power to the drive.etc...

Recently on my 3000 I received a fault drive error but when I opened the controller none of the technik drives had a green light so it was easy to figure they just weren't getting power, The power system though is simple, the big transformer in the base of the controller has multiple taps, the power comes out of that to a bridge rectifier that just converts the AC to a rough DC value and then it goes through a rather large blue capactor to level it out a bit, Its a very rough DC power but its what the drives want. A multimeter working back in my case showed that the transformer had failed.

Hope this helps

Mike
    www.classicplayfields.com

First thing I would do it make sure the home sensors and flags are free of any debris. From there I'd go around and check connections.

The Apex 1R motor fault codes don't mean anything because the machine doesn't communicate with the motors. IIRC the machine cuts power to the motors during a fault which makes it difficult to do your own diagnosis at the motor as well.

They're not open about these details if you reach out to service.

What are the servo drives that drive the servo motors?
    Post a pic of the inside of the control cabinet