588,124 active members*
4,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Plasma, EDM / Other similar machine Project Log > Primeweld Cut60 on Cyrious 4x4 table with Hypertherm Duramax Lock torch

Question Primeweld Cut60 on Cyrious 4x4 table with Hypertherm Duramax Lock torch

Hi there.

I bought a used Cyrious 4x4 table that had been damaged. It was involved in a fire, and lost a lot of paint and melted a few cables. I finished replacing the melted cables today (I had missed one with a couple of shorts in it), and have the table up and running. I'm on a limited budget, so I opted to adapt the Hypertherm machine torch it came with to work with the "Euro Central" connector and plug it into a Primeweld Cut60.

I have it operational and it will cut, but I'm not getting quality cuts or repeatability.

For starters, the torch starts moving pretty much instantly upon sending the "Arc On" signal to the Cut60. Now, I DID have it wired wrong until this evening, and I was not getting a proper ARC OK signal from the Cut60. I realized my mistake and corrected it. However, I believe the Cut60 is sending the ArcOK signal way too early, thus prompting the table to start moving the torch.

I had THOUGHT with the Hypertherm torch, I could use Hypertherm settings, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm having to run 15-20ipm slower than what the book says in order to get the cut through the material I'm cutting. It's not consistent though.

Cyrious is being very helpful, though they only really deal with Hypertherm power sources. The hardware running the table is CandCNC hardware with CommandCNC software controlling it. Primeweld hasn't answered many of my questions.

Anyway, I'll add pictures later. But if anyone has any advice on getting the Cut60 working well with a CNC table, I'd appreciate it.

Re: Primeweld Cut60 on Cyrious 4x4 table with Hypertherm Duramax Lock torch

Normally there is a delay that can be configured in the THC itself or in the control software. That is the setting that you need to look for. This delay is to allow for piercing and for the cutting to stabilize before doing the THC.

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

Re: Primeweld Cut60 on Cyrious 4x4 table with Hypertherm Duramax Lock torch

I fixed my issue.

Here is my first successful test cut.

My main problem was that I had the post-flow manually set too high on the Primeweld machine itself. After turning the post-flow all the way down, the machine is able to respond much quicker to on/off signals from the controller. It looks like I might still have problems if the travel distance between cuts is really short, but that can be fixed in software.