587,302 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 7 of 22 5678917
    Hello Mike,

The parameter you provide it cannot work for my motor, After i have issue a + or - value the motor turn few round and stop, servo error Led on. how you calculate the parameter?

Hello Alex751,

Did you manage to tune the parameter?

Sorry to intrude, I am interested in this topic. I am wondering why everyone is making their own changes to the elm circuit. Is there something inherently wrong with the original high power design, or is everyone just wanting to make improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by alex751 View Post
    So fist tell me what kind of programmer you have? I mead AVRISP STK200/300 STK500 ??

Regards.
    Hi Alex
    http://www.robokits.org/products/?p=...ort-Programmer

The above link is the programmer that i have. And AVR Studio 4. Now plz tell me wht do I need to do next. looking forward....

Regards
    GSMGSM

vernomx999
    if you are talking about the diagram and layout i posted,
    i have not tested this cct. yet as i have none of these fet drivers, yet.
    it seems like an east layout to place on a point to point perf board for
    proof of consept,
    i can repost the layout without the component placements, if anyone wishes to mill or etch a board,
    also i would make the current carring traces bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by alex751 View Post
    Hello Nasr1!

What kind of software you have used to trace your layouts??

Regards
    Alex.
    HI
    I working whet protel 2.7 pcb.

Regards.

i have layed out a fet driver section with current monitoring.
    this design is untested as said before but it should work.
    it superseeds the posting #117 as the current monitor is a high side monitor and i put it on the low side in post #117.
    any comments or sugestions is greatly appreciated.
    see attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

SMARBAGA
    thanks for the layout smarbaga
    but thats the fets section only , anyway no problem in adding the rest .

NASR1
    i noticed that you places 90S2313 atmel chip
    anyone know if that chip can be used insted of the attiny or they are the same chip.
    i am a pic kind of guys

thanks all

Smile File Meaning ?

Hi All,
    Im totaly new to assembly and can't understand it really. Can anyone plz help me know or tell me in ENGLISH That What is the programing file SM3A Is doing in the attiny2313 ? I mean, What is its real meaning and function in gernal language.. It'l be of great help. looking forward....

Regards
    GSMGSM

Quote Originally Posted by smarbaga View Post
    i have layed out a fet driver section with current monitoring.
    this design is untested as said before but it should work.
    it superseeds the posting #117 as the current monitor is a high side monitor and i put it on the low side in post #117.
    any comments or sugestions is greatly appreciated.
    see attached.

Hello;

I downloaded the datasheet for your Mosfet driver chip. The Rhigh and Rlow are very small so you will have to add a resistor in series with the gates in order to limit dV/dt to less than 5V/nS. Also, there is no deadtime added on the Mosfet driver chip, you will probably have to include two resistors and one ultrafast diode in the gate drive in order to make sure Toff is smaller than Ton (or to control them independently),then make sure that your firmware will introduce a dead-time anyways.

thanks kreutz ,
    i don't know what type of fets will be used but a resistor and diode layout can be provided and values added depending on the fet delays.
    would not firmware delays suffice in this situation?

thanks kreutz ,
    i don't lmow what type of fets will be used but a resistor and diode layout can be provided abd values added depending on the fet delays.
    would not firmware delays suffice in this situation?
    Depending on the turn off and turn on times you get. If you make turn off time smaller than turn on time you might not need the dead-time; In that case, in order to keep losses low, you will have a high dV/dt at turn off, and that will complicate things.

Delays like propagation delays will do nothing unless you insert extra delays in the turn on and off part of the switching sequence, in order to make sure the Mosfet is off before turning on the other mosfet in the same branch of the bridge. You can make it easier by choosing a half bridge driver with either fixed or adjustable dead-time, although you will probably need the diode and two resistors in the gate drive circuit in order to control ton and toff independently..

thanks again kreutz. you seem to be a very electronic knowledgeable fellow and certainly an active person and an asset to this whole sight.
    the previous statement being the case pritty well puts thing back to the fet driver layout that Mr. Uber used in his uhu controller outputs. i guess if the shoe fits ware it. thus changing the brand names of the driver ic's should reduce the cost.

thanks again kreutz. you seem to be a very electronic knowledgeable fellow and certainly an active person and an asset to this whole sight.
    the previous statement being the case pritty well puts thing back to the fet driver layout that Mr. Uber used in his uhu controller outputs. i guess if the shoe fits ware it. thus changing the brand names of the driver ic's should reduce the cost.
    No problem. What is the Voltage range for your application?, if it is less than or equal to 80 volt take a look at this one: http://cache.national.com/ds/LM/LM5105.pdf

Maybe off topic but it is related to servo drive.

The question is about high amp drivers. Is it possible to change parts to higher ratings or use IRF's in parallel to get for example 200V 60-100A?

What about IRFBA90N20D with 200V and 96A at t=25C or IGBT?

Or simply: is here a way to build high amp driver to handle 200V and 60-100 amps???

At 200V and 100 amps, your best bet is IGBT. The IGBT will have a Vcesat of about 2 volts so a FET would need an Rdson of ~20mOhms to compete.
    You won't find a 200+ volt FET with such a low on resistance, at least for the price of an equivalent IGBT.
    Now this is assuming the use of standard speed parts, if you use hyperfast IGBTs to get the switching frequency up the crossover point between FETs and IGBTs goes up. At these power levels, your machine is probably generating enough noise that you could care less about some PWM noise at a few kilohertz if you use standard speed devices

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by gsmgsm View Post
    Hi Alex
    http://www.robokits.org/products/?p=...ort-Programmer

The above link is the programmer that i have. And AVR Studio 4. Now plz tell me wht do I need to do next. looking forward....

Regards
    GSMGSM
    So you need to take 2 files.
    1 - hex (main programm file)
    2 - epp (eprom file)
    one by one you need to open it in ponyprog and press program.
    After you need to program fuses. Mike made very good screenshort. You can find it befor on page 2 or 3 of this forum. So use only indicated fuses and like Mike show in his screen.

Regards.

First open hex (program file), then program hex file
    Second open eep file, program it
    After fuses.

Quote Originally Posted by 5632alex View Post
    Hello Alex751,

Check this! This is exel calculation file I made.

Regards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 5632alex View Post
    Hello Alex751,

Also I found this parameter as default parameter of one man who made Chan ELM drive. I never checked it bu try

P0 300
    P1 2048
    P2 768
    P3 96
    P4 180
    P5 1360
    P6 6656
    P7 32

Yes, I was going to make sure someone actually have it working first before I build the unit. I dont have all the time in the world to go through all the troubleshooting :P
    It would be so great if someone compiles everything, down to the component lists as one file

Its fast and straight to the point, save time for playing with the machine instead.
    Live life like you never see another day

Page 7 of 22 5678917