587,383 active members*
3,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 78 of 109 2868767778798088
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2171
    Hi i'm reading Peters cnc ecke every day sinds the first controller was developt (klaus)
    i never heart of annyone driving two motors on one ax ,,,rack and pinion , do you want to use a dubbelpinion wiht some kind of tensioner ?
    grtz potsy

Hi rokag3, yes my intention is to drive two same motors, with one uhu per each,for the x-axis.
    Hi potsy, it would be a rather long axis (2.5 meters) so rack and pinion seems to be the way.
    Any hint would be really welcome.

The only way you can use 2 motors with one servo amp is if the shafts are rigidly locked together with a solid coupling. If you have two motors, one on each side you need two amps. This is common on bigger routers and it is called a slaved axis.
    Roger

Hi Koslaz , depents on your maschine layout and what you intent to do /fabricate with it
    Manny years ago i was ask to build a router 3.65 m long and 2 m width , chassis was made out of 100 x 100 x 4 mm tubelar steel the bridge was moved by two belts one on each site having one part upon the tube and one part of the belt inside the tube ,on top of the tube next to the belt was the lineair guiding mounted , on each end was an ax one of them was driven by a Lentze ac servo the tooth belt was conected with a tensioner on the routerbridge ,,,workt well for what it was needet
    Grtz Potsy

Hi i'm reading Peters cnc ecke every day sinds the first controller was developt (klaus)
    i never heart of annyone driving two motors on one ax ,,,rack and pinion , do you want to use a dubbelpinion wiht some kind of tensioner ?
    grtz potsy
    yes it exist it's call driven at the center of gravity
    you will find information here
    http://www.moriseiki.com/english/index.html

The only way you can use 2 motors with one servo amp is if the shafts are rigidly locked together with a solid coupling. If you have two motors, one on each side you need two amps. This is common on bigger routers and it is called a slaved axis
    i disagree in fact you may have a lighter machine since you do not have cantilever but you need very accurate ballscrew and a very precise positioning system
    if you have a real zero backslash then the solution will be linear encoder uhu drive is fast enough to handle it but the zero backslash must be ZERO
    i do not know if there is success in servo driven with linear encoder in DIY world but so many cheap printer do it

Testing worries!

Hi All,,

Powered up the boards and all three boards communicate with the UHU terminal programm very well

BUT the error LED is always on! even when i hard reset or soft reset the controller. The encoder is connected and I tried turning the motor by hand so thta the error signal will put on the err led, but soon realized it was always on. No matter what.

Probably will have to chk the encoder. I did put a differential line driver for it to work with it is a 26ls31 chip.

I need to chk what the problem might be.

if any recomemdations do recomendd

regards
    Irfan

Quote Originally Posted by contactirfu View Post
    Hi All,,

Powered up the boards and all three boards communicate with the UHU terminal programm very well

BUT the error LED is always on! even when i hard reset or soft reset the controller. The encoder is connected and I tried turning the motor by hand so thta the error signal will put on the err led, but soon realized it was always on. No matter what.

Probably will have to chk the encoder. I did put a differential line driver for it to work with it is a 26ls31 chip.

I need to chk what the problem might be.

if any recomemdations do recomendd

regards
    Irfan
    Did you bridge pins 2 and 8 of the encoder's connector on the encoder's side of the cable? Are there +5 volts on the R42 lead that is connected to C30?

Are the PID parameters on the UHU chip already programmed and saved on EEPROM?

Regards,

Kreutz.

Kreutz,very true

I missed these points altogether.........I will do the correction after breakfast right away.

Thankyou for pointing these to me.

RGDS
    IRfan

UHU HP a success

Hello World,

After a week of hard work at office, finally got some time to get the UHU working.

the video speaks for itself. The present voltage is 35 volts, i am gonna bump it to 110v next week end.

RGDS
    Irfan

Hi,

I've built up some of these boards. I'd like to configure them to work with EMC2, but I can't find the specification for the step pulse high/low time as detailed for setting the base_periodin EMC2-

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emc...StepGeneration

Can anyone here help with this please?

Thanks,

Andy

Hello World,

the video speaks for itself. The present voltage is 35 volts, i am gonna bump it to 110v next week end.

RGDS
    Irfan

Hi Irfan,

how the things are going? I'm waiting for your results with higher level of voltage. I'm trying to adjust the original UHU board to 85V 15 Amp motor...

Actually I can't find the schematic of the highpower board, is it public already?

Thank you,
    Jozsef

Jozsef,

I am planning it for the coming weekend and surely i gonna have it going by then. Even then, the motors are going no load this weekend bcos the timing pulleys I am yet to receive. presently i am wiring my machine and thats consuming a lot of time.

the schematics are not yet public. once we finish our test Kreutz plans to provide it to all
    meanwhile we will start providing the kits once the tests are successful.

So its all a few dayz (weeks) away!

Enjoy

Irfan

Wink

Jozsef,

the schematics are not yet public. once we finish our test Kreutz plans to provide it to all
    meanwhile we will start providing the kits once the tests are successful.

So its all a few dayz (weeks) away!

Enjoy

Irfan
    Ok, thanks. I'm crossing my fingers ...
    Have a good job then! & Feel the Power!...

Jozsef

Target pricing- require your inputs.

Hi All,

After all the work me and Paul came to a figure of Approx 150USD per kit un-assembled. Though it may sound big for a hobby DIY board, thats our best we could have in offer.

Probably it may go down after we finalize but still we want to know what others think about this price. Kindly note that there is a very minimal profit we are counting in for.

And for a driver which can control upto 2KW motors I dont think it is a big price, may be there are others assembled (granite drives) for example which u can get for 200 assembled, but i donno how we can go down on the price, though we will try our best!

if some one has better source of parts like IR21844 and the likes kindly PM us with the links.

Do let us know your reactions.

Irfan

U still need to get the UHU's from ULI!

Component tolerances/types...

Hello!

I'm just about to order a set of parts to make up a uhu controller, but I wanted to know how closely I need to stick to the tolerances specified in the parts list I found via the wiki (this one: http://people.freenet.de/Mode1/UHU_P...uecklisten.xls - there's an English version on the last worksheet). For instance, if you check the reichelt.de part numbers, all the resistors are metal film 1% parts, which are significantly more expensive than carbon film types. Ok, they're only resistors, and they're all cheap, but it all adds up and I'm on a budget! The same goes for the capacitors too. I've noticed on embeddedtronics.com's online part list for their version of the controller no types/tolerances are specified, so I wondered whether this means it's not that significant, or whether they simply haven't specified them on that list.

Incidentally I'm not planning to power my servos at more than 48V. Don't know their current consumption for sure, but peak is listed at 24A, so presumably in use they'll be using a lot less than that.

Sorry if I'm posting on a well-covered issue - I've read 30 odd pages of this topic but it's going to take me a while to work my way through all of it!

Thanks in advance,

Luke

$150 for a kit versus Granit $200 for an assembed, tested, and warrenteed board. Seems to be a no brainer. With Smarbaga gone and out of the picture, my hopes of getting some satisfaction by returning him these blow up prone boards for real HP boards (and I would have paid some difference as there are more parts etc.), I really don't see the UHU HP boards as much of an option. They are great for the guys that want and need to do it themselves every step of the way, and my hat is off to all involved especially the hard work and long hours of Kreutz, but the price for three of them after putting out $350 to Smarbaga already is way out of line for my budget. Maybe $450 total would have been a great price, but $800 isn't.

Garry if you're lurking, it is time to make things right.

Quote Originally Posted by lsteele View Post
    Hello!

I'm just about to order a set of parts to make up a uhu controller, but I wanted to know how closely I need to stick to the tolerances specified in the parts list I found via the wiki (this one: http://people.freenet.de/Mode1/UHU_P...uecklisten.xls - there's an English version on the last worksheet). For instance, if you check the reichelt.de part numbers, all the resistors are metal film 1% parts, which are significantly more expensive than carbon film types. Ok, they're only resistors, and they're all cheap, but it all adds up and I'm on a budget! The same goes for the capacitors too. I've noticed on embeddedtronics.com's online part list for their version of the controller no types/tolerances are specified, so I wondered whether this means it's not that significant, or whether they simply haven't specified them on that list.

Incidentally I'm not planning to power my servos at more than 48V. Don't know their current consumption for sure, but peak is listed at 24A, so presumably in use they'll be using a lot less than that.

Sorry if I'm posting on a well-covered issue - I've read 30 odd pages of this topic but it's going to take me a while to work my way through all of it!

Thanks in advance,

Luke
    Only a few of the resistors are 1% tolerance. Only the critical parts are really not replaceable, and from them even some are required only to be of the same type (material), value and footprint. Most of the resistors can be carbon composition 1/4 or 1/8 watt.

For a 48 Volts power supply you don't need the modified UHU.

Capacitors could be 5% or 10% even 20% (for electrolytics) The ones that need to be precise are the 22 or 27 pf ceramic capacitors (NP0) on the xtal and the ones on Fast side of current control circuit (for the modified UHU version).

Components for the modified version are more in number and a few of them a little expensive. Even the PCBs are bigger in size, therefore more expensive (needed in order to leave enough clearance due to the higher voltage handling capability). Considering the alternatives, it is for each one to determine the way to go.

There are some ways to make it cheaper, but, looking at the time it took me to find the problem and get a working solution, I won't even try to optimize it now.

The other way is to get enough sales volume to be able to buy the parts at a lesser cost, that is up to every one of the users to decide. Every single kit order counts, maybe you won't see the reduction in price now, but the future CNC beginners will appreciate if a few of you did your contribution to their reduced price, and just, maybe, it will also contribute to generate enough momentum to do a complete redesign adding more or better features including a reduced price.

It is fortunate that I don't really care about the time and money I dedicated to this modification, not having any personal need for it, if at least one person could benefit from the modified UHU version I will be happy (Actually, as I am always happy, so will I even if nobody benefits from it ).

Nevertheless, if I was told that it had a $50.00 constrain over the original price, I would certainly thought about it twice before committing to do that modification. Actually I spent more than $150.00 in parts and PCBs building my prototypes.

I want to say that I don't have any monetary interest on this, and never did. But it is a shame that this initiative, by Paul and Irfan, to put everything together for everyone, is lost because of general indifference or, worst yet, for a $50.00 bill over the budget.

This is a general message not intended to reply to anyone in particular. I respect the free will and motivations behind every person's decision to act in their best interest.

Regards,

Kreutz.

Kreutz,

I am already benefited, I donno about the UHU! though I know it will certainly work for me, but the main benefit for me is that I got to know two great persons who influenced my life a lot. You and Paul. The selflessness was a great factor I have learnt from you guys. I am really greatfull to you both for that.

As far as UHU is concerned, I am just looking forward to better suppliers who can offer the components at a better Price. Me and Paul are on the lookout for new suppliers.

And YES we are not intending to sell unless we get them working on our machines - just to confirm that no one goes in a loss.

Kreutz many DIY'rs including me are very cost sensitive. 50USD relates to 2000INR (in my case) and for a DIY'r its more. some may relate this reason to build the UHU kit and some may take this reason to give up on the same. What ever it may be! we are dedicated to the new UHU which I am sure will work great. I am already almost finished with the encoder wiring on the machine and planning to start power wiring today.

I compared it to Granit bcos I did not want anyone to point a finger at us about the pricing after all the hard work and let everyone know what it might cost. We just dont want people to get back (angry) as they got back to Garry. Though he had no role in it. ( I apologize to you Garry if I have used you name here inappropriately)

Still I would expect comments from all members interested and also suggest what price it should be? is 150 tooo expensive. i really donno. but thats what its gonna be near too. And all remember its not final and you may finally be surprised at what it may end up with.

why dont more people sign up! as Kreutz suggested so that we can go way down

Dont buy just tell us you would be interested and that will probably motivate us more

the email remains the same [email protected]

Think this is my longest post ever on the Zone!

RGDS
    Irfan

Page 78 of 109 2868767778798088