588,069 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Using STL Files For Verify
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastercam User View Post
    I guess Toby is trying to use Bobcad to work with the STL. I'm really not interested in having anything to do with Bobcad, ever.
    Hey, take it easy. LOL, unless you want another STL FOOT File:rainfro:

BobCAD V22 has STL capability in which I have never had to use the Predator STL Fix Tool. So on that note why is it a problem that I use BobCAD. Just trying to lend a helping hand to a fellow cadcammer.

Cheers!!:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Hey, take it easy. LOL, unless you want another STL FOOT File:rainfro:

BobCAD V22 has STL capability in which I have never had to use the Predator STL Fix Tool. So on that note why is it a problem that I use BobCAD. Just trying to lend a helping hand to a fellow cadcammer.

Cheers!!:cheers:

Okay, I'll check the new file you sent me, Toby. I appreciate your follow up. I hope you appreciate that this is a Mastercam forum not a Bobcad forum. You couldn't pay me enough to use their crap or to deal with their dishonesty.

Hey how was your weekend trip cadcam??

I have that tool in Predator Virtual CNC, but forgot about it seeing that it's never been needed.

Mastercam User, did the STL file I sent work or are you still having problems??
    It was a fun weekend kinda long there was about 100 of us.and a hole day of events for the boys.
    they had BB gun, archery , sling shot, tie die, rope tying, tomahawk throwing and orantering using compass's.

How was your weekend? now that it's time to get back to work.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Just so you know Toby owns his own Bobcad and it has worked good for him. but he has a demo copy that I sent him of MC and he contracts at another shop using MC. just like we all know for him to buy MC right now is allot of money out of pocket.

all good folks.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    It was a fun weekend kinda long there was about 100 of us.and a hole day of events for the boys.
    they had BB gun, archery , sling shot, tie die, rope tying, tomahawk throwing and orantering using compass's.

How was your weekend? now that it's time to get back to work.
    CAD/CAM and a little time in the sun Maybe the beach next weekend if the weather is nice.

Sounds like you had a great time with the Troops.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Toby, I have been very busy at work. I'll try your .STL this weekend and let you know if it works Thanks for you patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercam User View Post
    Toby, I have been very busy at work. I'll try your .STL this weekend and let you know if it works Thanks for you patience.
    If you have any trouble let me know. I will try out the STL Healing Tool in Predator. I have found that STL's can get weird if there is any overlapping of surfaces or they aren't water tight.

Now that I have switched to Alibre for 99% of all Solid Modeling, then export/import, and save as STL for Fixtures/Clamps/Hardware/Pins etc. Those days of fixing Solids are GONE!!!!!!! Less work for STL Fixtures. Assemblies are the next thing to learn in Alibre's GUI.

Good luck with that STL, I hope it works out.

BTW: what did you do with the FOOT???????
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

If you have any trouble let me know. I will try out the STL Healing Tool in Predator. I have found that STL's can get weird if there is any overlapping of surfaces or they aren't water tight.

Now that I have switched to Alibre for 99% of all Solid Modeling, then export/import, and save as STL for Fixtures/Clamps/Hardware/Pins etc. Those days of fixing Solids are GONE!!!!!!! Less work for STL Fixtures. Assemblies are the next thing to learn in Alibre's GUI.

Good luck with that STL, I hope it works out.

BTW: what did you do with the FOOT???????
    File doesn't work with Mastercam Verify I would appreciate if you would try to use the STL healing tool in Predator. I've got time this weekend to test whatever you come up with. Sorry it took me so long to test this file.

Page 2 of 2 12