588,069 active members*
4,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > how good are the torchmate machines?
Page 3 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    So were the problems worked out? I have a quote here from torchmate and was wondering if I should go with them.

It's up to you to go with them. I'm still having problems and don't have time to sit down and check everything. To be honset with you, I don't feel like I should have to. We bought it and hardly used it. It was never miss treated or heavily used and yet I have problems and I have to check it myself because it's out of warranty? The problems started right after the warranty expired. My feelings is that torchmate should stand behind their product and fly someone out here at their cost and fix my machine. The way it is now I have to stand there and make sure nothing happens. I run the shop and we are very busy , I don't have time to sit there with a meter and find a problem after paying $20,000 for it. Just my 2 cents. But hey, if you feel confident and maybe their machines are better now. Personally I would never by anything from them again.

Smile

Hi All,
    I bought the TM3 Gantry kit and built my table. I had a small problem with one guy in tech and that was handled. I learned the cad in a few weeks and decided to design in my Bobcad 21. I import Bobcad .dxf into TM3 and cut away. It all works great. I'm not impressed with TM Cad, but the table is wonderful. I will now try to import some business for my machine.
    Mike Pennington
    www.penningtonfab.com

Page 3 of 3 123