588,229 active members*
4,525 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by plain ol Bill View Post
    Lots of folks are using the refrigerated unit from Harbor Freight. I plan on getting one to use on my table when I get it to the using point of fabrication.
    Thats good to know. I'd like to hear from some more people using them. Maybe put a cheap trap after it for backup. Do they just sell them online or can you get them in the store?

I haven't seen one in the Lacey, WA store but they do have them on their website. Last time I looked they were $299

I have looked at the air dryer that Harbor Freight offers and had a few concerns with it. My "day" job is heating,air,and refrigeration service so I am probably more critical than most. I read the manual for the unit on HF's web site and the main problem I had with it is a section that mentions the unit overheating and requiring you to shut the unit down allowing it to cool off. If you have a severe moisture problem that would also require shutting down your plasma table-not good. I have not bought a dryer as the RTI Eliminizer combo filter has done very well for me but I do plan on installing a dryer at some point. One source I found on the web is buydryair.com and the units seem to be well built with a 2 year warranty, and Copeland compressors in all of them. The price on most any unit will be higher than HF so it comes down to how hard you intend to work the equipment. Good Luck in your search. Mike

Maybe thats just standard disclaimer info that HF puts into everything??? I don't think it will have to work to hard since i'm in Colorado, its not like Florida(what a miserable place). The more i think about it, i should probably just try a desiccant filter. But how do you monitor 100psi for humidity?

Dryer Solution

The dryer that I ended up with is an Ingersoll Rand DS10 that can be had for around $650.00. It can handle the CFM of the 120 AMP torch no problem. I also went with Belair prefilter at 1 micron and Belair postfilter at .1 micron. All of this in addition to the dryer that is incorporated on my Thermal Dynamics A120 plasma torch should provide all the dry air I need.

I read alot about the dessicant filters but decided against it because of the volume that I plan on doing, I didn't want to change it out all the time, we have very wet air here.

Thanks
    Alliance Forever....Horde Sucks LOL