587,497 active members*
4,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > unipolar motor microstepping
Page 24 of 25 1422232425
    Hi everybody

How many need spend for on MK unipolar stepper motor driver?

thanks you

Merry Chirsmas and Happy New Year

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by nhatson.elec View Post
    Thanks Kreutz info. High quality stepper driver need 32bit MCU, or DSP . Use FOC like PMSM control

I have alpha step of vexta ( close loop control) it run very smooth. It use HD643704 ( Hitachi MCU 32bit)
    I have been thinking about Vector Flux Control for a while, the only problem is that a high count ppr encoder would be necessary, and the stepper motor should be paired to the drive.

Most of the people don't have access to an specific model motor, so it will require to have the motors in stock. The price for the drives will increase to be about 60% of the price of the industrial distributors until reaching a manufacturing volume that allows to drop it. Using encoder-less vector flux control will solve part of the problem, but requires a more complex firmware and the need to pair the motor with the drive stays.

Best regards,

Kreutz.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    I have been thinking about Vector Flux Control for a while, the only problem is that a high count ppr encoder would be necessary, and the stepper motor should be paired to the drive.

Most of the people don't have access to an specific model motor, so it will require to have the motors in stock. The price for the drives will increase to be about 60% of the price of the industrial distributors until reaching a manufacturing volume that allows to drop it. Using encoder-less vector flux control will solve part of the problem, but requires a more complex firmware and the need to pair the motor with the drive stays.

Best regards,

Kreutz.
    Thanks Kreutz

Alpha step use sub coil is encoder,

http://www.orientalmotor.com/images/.../AS-sensor.jpg

i think it work like in this link

http://www.webx.dk/oz2cpu/20m/encoder.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nhatson.elec View Post
    Thanks Kreutz

Alpha step use sub coil is encoder,

http://www.orientalmotor.com/images/.../AS-sensor.jpg

i think it work like in this link

http://www.webx.dk/oz2cpu/20m/encoder.htm
    Using steppers as encoders is good for MPGs or low resolution encoders, but for this application it is required to have high resolution encoders.

Best regards,

Kreutz.

i was open alpha step stepper motor, it is 2 phase motor ( bipolar) . Feedback like small stepper motor, I was check in PCB, dont have opam in reciver shecmatic. >> it dont work like resolver
    But close loop is expensive system

Merry Christmas!!!

I am working on a new revision of the firmware it will be Rev01P+

Thanks, Tivoidethuong for your help finding this bug. The bug manifests itself after stalling the motor (or E-Stop) while running at high speed. On restart (without resetting the translator) the motor will start in full step mode (no steps are lost independent of the micro-step mode), the sound is different and the micro-step smoothness is lost.

The solution, found by Tivoi, is simple and I will implement it in the next revision after I do a few more tests.

Wink Is the collaboration possible?

Thanks, Tivoidethuong for your help finding this bug. The bug manifests itself after stalling the motor (or E-Stop) while running at high speed. On restart (without resetting the translator) the motor will start in full step mode (no steps are lost independent of the micro-step mode), the sound is different and the micro-step smoothness is lost.

The solution, found by Tivoi, is simple and I will implement it in the next revision after I do a few more tests.
    Hi kreutz I call it "round limit square".
    I live in Japan.
    Because I do not understand English, I use an interpreter.
    It does not translate a complicated sentence.
    Please write one phenomenon in Line 1.
    I got "a document of the microstepping" by "tn2313" from you before.
    However, it was too complicated and did not match my preference.
    I regarded a method to constitute a circuit with "few transistors" "MP4401" "http://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/items2.php?q=%22I-00419%22&s=score&p=1&r=1&page=" "sw-7p", "few parts" as "tn2313" newly.
    "The circuit technology" is the upper grade, but, as for me, "the program" is inferior.
    I offer "a connection diagram" and "a way of thinking", and can you make the "program?"
    I want to complete this plan by "collaboration".
    kyoji Nonnno

Quote Originally Posted by apollonono View Post
    Hi Kreutz
    I live in Japan.
    Because I do not understand English, I use an interpreter.
    It does not translate a complicated sentence.
    Please write one phenomenon in Line 1.
    I got "a document of the micro stepping" by "tn2313" from you before.
    However, it was too complicated and did not match my preference.
    I regarded a method to constitute a circuit with "few transistors" "MP4401" "http://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/items2.php?q=%22I-00419%22&s=score&p=1&r=1&page=" "sw-7p", "few parts" as "tn2313" newly.
    "The circuit technology" is the upper grade, but, as for me, "the program" is inferior.
    I offer "a connection diagram" and "a way of thinking", and can you make the "program?"
    I want to complete this plan by "collaboration".
    kyoji Nonnno
    Hello;

Just replace the four Mosfets in the M-K schematics by your MP4401. It will not be as powerful as the Mardus-Kreutz, because maximum current for the MP4401 is only 3 Amps per Mosfet.

Regards,

Kreutz.

I sent the new Rev01P+ firmware to Tivoidehuong for testing, if his results are positive, I will start distribution of the firmware as usual (the Private Message way).

Happy New Year!!

I sent the new Rev01P+ firmware to Tivoidehuong for testing, if his results are positive, I will start distribution of the firmware as usual (the Private Message way).

Happy New Year!!
    Tested OK. The firmware Rev01P+ is now available upon request.

Kreutz.

Happy New Year !!!
    How get source, hex file and full document store REV01P+?
    Cost Kreutz-4 Rev3.02SMD (K-4) (bipolar or unipolar) ???

Quote Originally Posted by fominia View Post
    Happy New Year !!!
    How get source, hex file and full document store ?
    Cost Kreutz-4 Rev3.02SMD (K-4) (bipolar or unipolar) ???
    Thank You!!

PM me with your e-mail address in order to send you the files.
    K-4 PC interface boards (assembled and tested) are available for M-K boards. PM me for prices. All Bipolar K-4 Sets were sold.

Best regards,

Kreutz.

K4 board - bipolar or unipolar drivers ?

K4 is interface and tranlator board, u can driver all unipolar and bipolar. Need extander power board

Regards

I will be out of town for a month (working ).

Kreutz.

After a long time in thread, here's a preview of latest revision. Main changes include :

* Power Stage and Translator in one PCB
    * Motor Supply, PC Vcc, PC Gnd, Step and Dir inputs via Terminals
    * Microstep Tables are printed on Silkscreen
    * Due to conflicts on many revisions, values on Silkscreen
    * TLV2772AIP (8-dip) changed to TLV2772AID (8-soic)

I will send for manufacture after final inspection and correction.

Best Regards,
    Ozan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sneak.jpg  

Looking forward to it...let us know when available.

Bob

About the current measurement.

hello. kreutz
    Because I use an interpreter, as for my sentence, it is it for the words that are random if there is not the subject.
    There were "ON", "PASS", a state of "OFF", and, as for me, what could measure an electric current with a current sense resistor knew the electric current of the uni-Paula drive only for a period of "ON".
    I use a thought whether I cannot measure me about a period except it.
    One method that I thought of is a method to use "a diode" and the current mirror circuit of "the transistor" in the common of the coil.
    When I make current SW "ON" for an instant, two methods that I thought of can read a certain current sense resistor voltage by "A/D" conversion on "GND".
    I think about whether the calculation of the expected electric current of the period when is in condition not to be able to read it by my two methods is possible.
    The next is not English, but please watch an image.
    http://den-nekonoko.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-04-19
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WS000304.JPG  

I will be out of town for a month (working ).

Kreutz.
    Hello;

After finishing the above mentioned job I took an extended vacation. My extended vacation became a new business venture in an unrelated field (diagnostic imaging medical equipment). I haven't had any free time to continue any active development on this one or any other hobby related project. I will continue to drop by from time to time and will continue to answer all PMs as the time allows.

Thanks a lot for your support!!

Kreutz.

Page 24 of 25 1422232425