587,481 active members*
3,017 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > No Basic Predator Items with V23?

Question No Basic Predator Items with V23?

I upgraded my dongle from V22 to V23. I download and installed V23 Mill "demo" package from the BCC web site. I don't see any of the Predator items installed that were installed with V22 (Editor and Virtual CNC). Do any of you V23 users have the basic Predator items which were packaged with V22? Did I pay for a down grade or am I missing something here?

Regards,
    Bart
    Regards,
    Bart

You can try to uninstall both predators with the add/remove programs control panel, then re-install them from here:

C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\System Files

Thanks BurrMan but I might need to clarify.

I installed V23 on a machine which never had BCC loaded. I don't have the predator icons on my desk top or the apps in my programs menu. So maybe the new install down load from BCC doesn't have the predator software?

So does the V23 have the Predator editor and Virtual CNC 2007 package standard like it does in V22?

Regards,
    Bart
    Regards,
    Bart

I just checked add/remove programs in the control panel, there are no Predator install items there either, just V23.

Regards,
    Bart
    Regards,
    Bart

Yes B thats odd. They should Install with BobCad. You may have downloaded and installed an "Update or Patch" since it seams you dont have a full install.

A good install should run the new V23, then editor then Virtual, along with making sure your "Other" needed components are up to date,

WHere did you get your install from? Can you post the address?

I went to C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V23\System Files and found only 2 files; "dotnetfx" and "MDAC_typ".

I'm guessing that the down load from BCC is not complete????

Regards,
    Bart
    Regards,
    Bart

Try uninstall the one you just installed and download this one and install it.

http://www.bobcad.net/updates/V23.02.001_update.exe

If this doesnt produce a Predator install with the BobCad i9nstall, please post back.

This one is found by going to http://www.bobcad.com/updates

Burr

I got it here;
    http://www.bobcad.com/getdownload.ph...etdownload_V23.

I figured the demo would install everything and my updated dongle would activate what is authorized.

Regards,
    Bart
    Regards,
    Bart

Actually after looking at that file its size is very small at around 200 mb. The full installer is closer to 300 mb.

Try downloading this file first, then run the file from the updtae site against this install.

http://www.bobcadsupport.com/tech

Click the link that says
    "Bobcad software installs" and choose V23. Download and install the release version first, then run the update we were just talking about against that.

Post back,
    Burr

Quote Originally Posted by b.bixel View Post
    I got it here;
    http://www.bobcad.com/getdownload.ph...etdownload_V23.

I figured the demo would install everything and my updated dongle would activate what is authorized.

Regards,
    Bart
    Yeah seems that those demo versions arent the release versions. Kindof an MO for BC to get these out which confuse things. I'm going to post something over there to state this as a popint of confusion. (Even from the past)

Make sure you start with a good first install, then run that update file.

Talk to you later.

I just looked at the original file name.... "V23_Demo_(BobCAD Only).exe". This didn't register at the time until now.

I'll give the link above a go. It's good to know I didn't buy a down grade!

Thanks for the help,
    Bart

Well there you have it. You'll have 2 downloads to do and when your done you should have build "1276" listed in the "help-about bobcad" menu.

YOu may want to check that menu before doing the second one to see if the first download is already been moved to that build.

Good luck.

If you had predator software on the V22 ( that is you bought the upgrades ) then when you upgraded to the v23 everything should have carried over.

It's a good thing that BobCAD doesn't make you re buy the predator add ons that you already bought.

If you are having an issue with installing them , it's part of the release notes and should be in the BobCAD V23 folder already.

If the add on's still aren't working you might need to have your lock re programmed by BobCAD.

Go to help and license and make sure you have the predator add on's checked.

V23 Demo vs. Full V23 Install

Just for the record, the V23 demo does not include the Predator Add-ons when you download it. Therefore they will not be there at all. The V23 demo can not be turned into a full version by giving you authorization codes. It's just a demo. Once a customer purchases the software, we can supply the customer with a one time link to download the full installation. Then the software can be authorized by calling us and getting a code (if you purchased the pass code version). The full installation loads the Predator add-ons. The v23 comes with a basic simulator and editor. If you want to access the Predator add-ons (higher levels) you need to buy them from your sales agent. I would recommend paying the $25 shipping and handling charge so that you have the CD, Post CD and your getting started manual. It's only $25.

Once you install the V23 full system you have 5 days of full use before you need your authorization codes or the USB key, whichever you purchased. This is to give you some breathing room for shipping or for international customers on different time zones. Hope this helps.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude

More on Predator add-ons.

For customers that upgraded from V22 to V23 that had Predator add-ons: They get carried over to V23 if you had purchased them with v22. No added charge. The reason for this is because there were no Predator add-on upgrades that you would need to buy. You don't get charged for the same thing twice.

CNC Dude

All is well now guys!

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
    Bart