Quote Originally Posted by project5k View Post
well i would suggest the x3, but you already said it wasn't big enough.... and really thats the only machine that i have any hands on exp. with...

I think I would regret not buying a bigger mill. I have looked at the X3 and variants of it.

I guess I should ask a few more questions. Probably this one has been answered 1,000 times.

Square Vs Round column, which is a better design for accuracy.

If I do get a power down model will this allow me to do power taping as well? Just a note I need clean holes and I have been told the power down is the cleanest method (maybe I don't need this?). But I will say a standard drill press no longer works for me even with a large heavy milling vice.

Anyway I have started looking at a few models, the Rong Fu 40 rather than the 45 as it is $500 cheaper with similar features. The grizzly G0484, and G1126 (geared head with round column). I also started searches for Rong Fu made but re-branded machines, and found little information.

It's all pretty confusing, I think the X2 cnc conversion I did had less variations on the theme.