587,250 active members*
3,661 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 16 of 24 61415161718
    Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    V Carve Pro does not do 3D, but it does do V Carving. And it's a pretty full featured 2D CAM package as well. The only way to do 3D with V-Carve Pro, is to use Vectric's Cut3D to create the toolpaths. V-Carve Pro can import those toolpaths, which will allow you to mix 2D, 3D and V Carving.

If you have the need to create 3D objects, then you need to look at Aspire, which contains all the features of V Carve Pro as well as 3D creation and 3D toolpath additions.
    You can also import all the VectorArt 3D graphics into V-Carve Pro.

Hey guys,

Well I have made quite a few things using VCpro but made this tonight using phenolic...this stuff is excellent to cut!! First time and it might be my most loved material to cut.

How many of us have taken the Vcarve file and inserted our own writing...

A sign made for the office, 1/2" phenolic using a 60 degree V bit and a 1/4" router bit for the cut out. I cut it at about 2000 mm/min (78 ipm). I think it came out pretty darn good. Don' know why the L is a little crooked...

I might push some caulk or that crayon type suff to add some color to the letters.

taus
    www.cuttingedgecnc.om
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020036.JPG   P1020038.JPG  
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

have fun you are there now!!

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

taus,
    That's cool.. Were did you find the material?
    Brian

Thanks guys,

I got the material at a local Woodcraft store..they have it on closeout. It is phenolic with a formica laminate on the top and bottom. People use it as the router base plate in their router tables. Cuts really well.

Not cheap, the piece, I think it was arouind 15"x15" was $20.00 on clearance.

Sill I might have to go back and get more

Here is a "my little pony" shelf I am working on for my little girl. She wanted a place they could sleep at night

taus
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   4.jpg  
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

oh yea!! my eleven year old is a mmember of the "pony island" networking, site

and that is big business!!

jim

I am having way to much fun....can a program really make machining so much more enjoyable? Yep it can. I love this program.

I made this tonight, larger (now I wish I had made it even bigger It is about 18" long.

Select pine wood, cuts really nice.
    60 degree V cut bit that is really about 55 degrees.
    5 mm depth passes at around 60 ipm cut speed.

I than used a 1/4" router to cut it out...since I did not put a spoil board under it I used a dremel with a "router" attachment and a spiral zip blade to cut it out by hand. I than used my router table to put an edge on.

I noted the "l" came out straight unlike the one I cut in phenolic,,,I think I was just cutting that too fast and the machine did not have time to ramp donw/up ??

I really like it. Now I just have to figure out how to finish the pine wood- stain? Colors? ummmmm

taus
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   3.jpg   6.jpg   7.jpg  

Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Our Project using Vectric, Meshcam, and solidworks

We recently produced the majority of exhibits for the new Children's Museum of New Hampshire. Here is a picture of the interactive submarine made completely out of wood. Complete with 3 screen dive simulator, working para-scope with 11 lenses, a sonar and listening station. Let me know your feed back as we are working on other projects. http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/p...080523copy.jpg

that is really cool!!

i hope you will post that on vcarves forum
    jim

Will do

Awesome Work!!! That is one big display!

taus
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Great work of art!!!
    Please post more pictures if you could!

Bill

I love this program!!! I cut this out finding the file on Vcarve pros website...awesome!!!! I added a little to the edges....wow

taus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails harley.jpg   harley1.jpg  
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Looks great Taus.

The crsip and sharp corner detail show that the machine + cutter are running very well

Regards,
    Tony

How long did that take to cut?

Thanks, nice job!!

I think the question is to me ???

If so, the Harley plaque took about 30 to maybe 40 min I believe...not bad at all.

thanks,

taus
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Mick40,

If you are asking about the V-Carve text I cut everything in about 45 min. That was the complete sign with Upper and Lower case text along with the numbers and other misc. figures. I ran it fairly slow so I would get a good quality sharp internal corner.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tauscnc View Post
    I love this program!!! I cut this out finding the file on Vcarve pros website...awesome!!!! I added a little to the edges....wow

taus
    Hello what software do you run the machine with ( mach 3 or something els )

Tomas

Harley litho

First try at Harley litho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harley litho web.jpg   Harley in the window.jpg  

Where are the Samples Guys ?

Hey! I just drug this up again ... No one is sharing , I know most post on vectric site . but would be nice to have just a gallery location so didn't have to go thru the thousands of threads on the vectric site .

Anyways here is the Harley litho in its home and a new lady in the wood ( well she is kinda out of the woods now) :idea:

I made a flickr account so family or who ever can see some of the stuff I do ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/17611327@N04/

Hope you will do the same :cheers: Kent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HD clock unlit .jpg   HD clock in the dark .jpg   HD clock side.jpg   After few coats satin web.jpg  

Page 16 of 24 61415161718