Stangtjk: Thanks for your replies. They are very helpful when I'm trying to figure out what is best to get. I still have to do my homework on what size pullys I need, what size belts, if fiber reinforced belts will not stretch, or if I need steel reinforced belts, bearings, belt reduction plates etc. I still like the idea of pulleys and belts over all the other options in that price range. I wanna try to get all the belts, pulleys, bearings, I need for under $200.

Ahren: I do like the rack and pinion alot, but still like the belts more. To me, whats gonna win me over in choosing belts, ball screws, or racks, is how much it will cost me to fully equip my table with movement, and how easy everything is to mount to the table and moving parts (and of course, how much accuracy and speed I'm gonna get). I think the rack would be easiest to mount, but I'm wondering if it would be ok to use one rack and pinion in the center underneath the gantry? Instead of using two steppers on both sides of the gantry with two rack and pinion setups.

I just ordered my supported rails. I'v been talking with Chai (his eBay store here > http://stores.ebay.com/linearmotionbearings) the past few days and I cam to a conclusion on what I needed. I told him I wanted the SBR16 supported rails, he told me I can order them in any length I need and he will cut to order. So I told him I wanted two 1400mm rails (55"), two 880mm rails (34" 1/2"), and two 380mm rails (15"), along with two SBR16 bearing blocks per rail. He told me all of this for a price of $167, plus $159 shipping. So he then made me an ebay listing of the rails and amount of bearing blocks I needed with the "buy it now" button. Here is the ebay listing > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

To me, $326 shipped is a really good deal on rails. No one else sells the SBR16 rails in the U.S., only a few sell the SBR20 supported rails. The SBR20 rails on ebay are $180 shipped for a 55" (1400mm). I would be spending what I just spent on all the supported rails, and bearing blocks, for the two SBR20 rails with 4 bearing blocks. Yes I know the SBR20 rail are bigger, but after finding a 16mm diameter linear rail in a old 1990's faxing machine, holding it in my hand I decided I didn't need a 20mm diamter rail. 16mm would do just fine as long as it is supported.

So, probotix 3 axis drive package is on the way, and I have all the x,z,y axis slide movement for my CNC table ordered. Now all I need to figure out is what I need to do for connecting those slides to the steppers, and figure out a CNC table structure design.

Can't wait to start building!