....i managed to get a usb caddy for the hdd from the machine and i checked it on my laptop.i copied everything from that disk to a folder for safe keeping.i had real trouble copying the WINNT folder,well some of it.so i guess corruption of the system files?
anyway,i managed to make the 4floppy disk win2000 boot/install disks and the 7 640t disks from the ncbackup folder.there are also some drivers etc too.then i put the disk back in the mazak and booted from the win2000 disk.i did a repair install of the operating system and rebooted.
the machine seemed to load much quicker,so maybe it was 'hanging' on a corrupt file i guess.
the problem is now that,i cant load the 640t software from the backup,untill windows has loaded...ie,explorer.i just dont have the windows loaded fully(still mouse pointer on a blank teal screen),perhaps i should of done a complete fresh install.
its a bit of a wind-up that the software i need to load is sitting in front of the machine on disk,but i cant get it in there!
now,i wonder if its possible that there is a way to 'invoke' a menu or something that will give me the option to reinstall from the ncbackup or at least some 'dos' bootable disks that recover the nc?why cant they keep all the nc/parameters on a bootable pcmia card in the machine.perhaps i could make a batch file to automate the recovery.....once the mc is finally up and running!
i saw in another post that it is possible to get some downloads from the mitsubishi site....any idea what or where i am looking for?
any help is apreciated!

ROB

note;
at the back of the control i have the number 9. displayed and all lights appear to be good.
note2;
i have been informed that the nc side of the control has become corrupt,hence the 'non' switch from windows to mazatrol command.he mentioned about a proceedure to re-initialise the nc from backup,but of course he would not say.time is not on my side at this time and this guy can get down next week.still no good for the demo!
does anyone know of this proceedure on here atall,or a link i can download for this?
note3;
ok,i have turned the dial to 7...loaded the mc and i have -Y sign on the pc readout.as far as i am aware,that is the SRAM clear?returned the dial to zero and rebooted again....same problem.
i actually think that it is the windows side is not working,my reason being,that there are no icons and no taskbar onscreen.perhaps,i need to get a win2000.unfortunately there is not a port for a cdrom on the nc atall.