587,964 active members*
3,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question DYNAPATH MYSTERY!!!

Hi everyone, my name Osuna, i'm a mexican student, i'm programming a G Code simulator, i'm making it so it can read different languages, but i can't get to decipher some things about the dynapath system, i know that every machine is different but i'm creating like a generic language.

I have read a few postprocessors, and i have compiled a few programs so i know the basic structure, and how it display some functions but i haven't seen how the dynapath systema manages G70 or G71, the inch-metric system, G90 or G91, the abs-inc system, G15 or G16, the polar mode, nor any other function...

I have seen the way it represents the G with "("code")" and i have seen the 0 for rapid or canned cycles, the 1 for linear cut, the 2 for arcs, the 8 for dwell and the 9 for M functions with the M especified after...

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Smile Useful link for RS274 stuff.

NICE LINK!!!

Incredible useful link, thank you very much, it will help me a lot with a pair of missing things i had...

Unhappy STILL NEED HELP!!!

The link that neilw20 gave me was incredible useful, but it doesn't say ANYTHING about dynapath, is about the general G-CODE, I need help with the DYNAPATH comands for using METRIC and INCH units, for using INCREMENTAL and ABSOLUTE mode, for SCALING, and things like that... how do one calls them in a DYNAPATH machine, what codes are used for that commands...

PLEASE HELP :drowning:

Smile Does dynapath use standard commands?

Why do you want to scale? Generate the code to make the part the correct size.

It is easier just to stick to the standard isn't it?

3.5.7 Length Units - G20 and G21

Program G20 to use inches for length units. Program G21 to use millimeters.
    It is usually a good idea to program either G20 or G21 near the beginning of a program before any motion occurs, and not to use either one anywhere else in the program. It is the responsibility of the user to be sure all numbers are appropriate for use with the current length units.

3.5.17 Set Distance Mode - G90 and G91

Interpretation of RS274/NGC code can be in one of two distance modes: absolute or incremental.
    To go into absolute distance mode, program G90. In absolute distance mode, axis numbers (X, Y, Z, A, B, C) usually represent positions in terms of the currently active coordinate system. Any exceptions to that rule are described explicitly in this Section 3.5.
    To go into incremental distance mode, program G91. In incremental distance mode, axis numbers (X, Y, Z, A, B, C) usually represent increments from the current values of the numbers.
    I and J numbers always represent increments, regardless of the distance mode setting. K numbers represent increments in all but one usage (see Section 3.5.16.8), where the meaning changes with distance mode.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Unhappy Jeje...

U are right, it is easier to just create a code with the correct size, but because i'm creating a program with all the codes, it has to be able to scale, cause de G51 is scale, and theres gotta be a way, and the thing is DYNAPATH is not like every other code, I do know that G20 and G70 are INCH, G21 and G71 are METRIC, G90 is absolute and G91 is Incremental, the problem is the way the work in DYNAPATH CODE, here's a SAMPLE of dynapath code...

N6(9)M3S2500$
    N8(0)X1.9186Y1.6236$
    N10(0)Z0.5$
    N12(0)Z0.1$
    N14(1)Z-0.05F5.$
    N16(2)I1.8836J1.6236D1$
    N18(1)X1.9686F25.$
    N20(2)I1.8836J1.6236D0$

If you see the code, the G-code is represeted by "(code)", the (0) is G00, the (1) is G01, the (2) is G02 and G03, the thing defining the G02 or G03 is the D word at the end of the command, a (2) D0 its G02 and a (2) D1 its a G03, the (9) is the M code, u can put (9)M02, so the problem and there are other functions, but it just have (0-9), i haven't seen any other number inside parenthesis, and i just don't know how to input the codes for G70, G71, G51, G15, G16, G50, G90, G91, or any other code...

This example isn't the "gcode" form, It's AutoCon/DynaPath conversational
    syntax. The controller with also take regular gcodes, but the line ending
    determines if its conversational or EIA/ISO. The $ means its the conversational syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by Osunator View Post
    U are right, it is easier to just create a code with the correct size, but because i'm creating a program with all the codes, it has to be able to scale, cause de G51 is scale, and theres gotta be a way, and the thing is DYNAPATH is not like every other code, I do know that G20 and G70 are INCH, G21 and G71 are METRIC, G90 is absolute and G91 is Incremental, the problem is the way the work in DYNAPATH CODE, here's a SAMPLE of dynapath code...

N6(9)M3S2500$
    N8(0)X1.9186Y1.6236$
    N10(0)Z0.5$
    N12(0)Z0.1$
    N14(1)Z-0.05F5.$
    N16(2)I1.8836J1.6236D1$
    N18(1)X1.9686F25.$
    N20(2)I1.8836J1.6236D0$

If you see the code, the G-code is represeted by "(code)", the (0) is G00, the (1) is G01, the (2) is G02 and G03, the thing defining the G02 or G03 is the D word at the end of the command, a (2) D0 its G02 and a (2) D1 its a G03, the (9) is the M code, u can put (9)M02, so the problem and there are other functions, but it just have (0-9), i haven't seen any other number inside parenthesis, and i just don't know how to input the codes for G70, G71, G51, G15, G16, G50, G90, G91, or any other code...

Talking Thanks

Thanks for the answer, I really appreciated, I didn't know, nobody I know knows how to use dynapath, I simply learn it from a postprocessor, so I didn't know that, but I created a generic g-code, so I need the special conversational kind of language in Dynapath, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by studleylee View Post
    This example isn't the "gcode" form, It's AutoCon/DynaPath conversational
    syntax. The controller with also take regular gcodes, but the line ending
    determines if its conversational or EIA/ISO. The $ means its the conversational syntax.

in week or so I will have the manual scanned ( since it's in a binder,falling apart, and older I don't think they will mind ) and copied to pdf I'll
    send you a copy. I'm also learning this. I just got this CompuMill
    milling machine made in the 90's
    with the AutoCon( aka DynaPath contoller )
    -Lee

Smile THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I would really appreciate that, I tried to download one but could find anything useful, u need my email or something? or are u gonna uploaded here for anyone to use if they need it???

Thanks again =)

Quote Originally Posted by studleylee View Post
    in week or so I will have the manual scanned ( since it's in a binder,falling apart, and older I don't think they will mind ) and copied to pdf I'll
    send you a copy. I'm also learning this. I just got this CompuMill
    milling machine made in the 90's
    with the AutoCon( aka DynaPath contoller )
    -Lee

Just remember not all the dynapaths will use EIA (Gcode). I think only delta 10 and later.

Smile Oh...

So it's the AutoCon the real DynaPath language, the language every machine accept?

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Just remember not all the dynapaths will use EIA (Gcode). I think only delta 10 and later.