1.What is the minimum PSI that will run the pneumatics and does this release the tooling under the 1000lbs load you mention?

- The minimum Operating PSI is 60, though 90 is ideal.

2. Are you running one or a twin stack of cylinders? Trying to understand the limits of the unit you have designed. I assume it’s only pneumatic and not air over oil

-The cylinder Is a single custom made pancake style cylinder. The main reasoning for this style of cylinder is due to weight. During our prototyping we found that anything over 8lbs on the head can cause major repeatability issues.

3.What integration is there to the X4 unit. I see that you are using the front panel to release the tool. Would my X4 be capable of this or is there a side lever release?

-We are currently using the free onboard relay, though if one would like you could install a control lever on to the side of the machine. The x4 has the same unused relay.
4. Is the Power Drawbar capable of MACH3 control and does this integrate via the existing serial interface? Is there additional wiring required?

-The current configuration of the power draw bar is under mach3 control, or in manual mode is controlled via the button on the front panel of the X4+. The on-board relay is already mach3 controlled.

5. Do you supply tool holders as part of the package and do I need to machine anything to allow the tool to reseat in the same position each time? When I look at my spindle I see there is alip, which implies to me I have to machine my R8 collets to get an accurate reference.

-As of current we are using the Tormach TTS system, which utilizes a R8 ¾ collet. Any R8 Collet will work. We have found that no other modifications are required when using the TTS system.

6. Do I need to machine the drawbar or other components of the X4 to allow this to fit.

- No this system was designed to install on a X4, X4+, X5 and X5+ in under 10min, all that is required for installation is 4 holes drilled in the top plate. We even send a template for the holes, and that would be required for installation.

7. Does the side strut require an upgrade?

-No it does not.

Any other questions let me know,

keith