587,997 active members*
1,922 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > DynaTorch > Pics and Vids of your DT in action
Page 2 of 2 12
    I bookmarked this last video. I will likely do this with mine sometime in the future. Thanks for posting it!

nice!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_Frr1tVGA"]YouTube - dynatorch staniless steel[/ame]

Suzukirmz

Nice video, im curiuos about your settings for cutting under water and the cut quality, do you get any dross on the underside of the plate? Are you using fine cut nozzles, at one point in time i was concidering to change my table over to a water table and thats when i first seen your video, it is impressive as there doesnt appear to be any smoke or fumes, from the video it looks like you have a few inches of water above the plate, does this affect the torch settings at all? Have you had any problems with your torch caused by it being submerged in water while cutting? sorry for all the questions but
    your water table design interests me

EDD

Suzukirmz,

I repeat what Edwardo asks. VERY interested!

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Hi

i am using the same settings approximately. but the consumables is unshielded 40AMP (hypertherm 1650). and dross almost noting (stainless steel) i will post some pictures later. i haven't had any problems with using water table

laurits

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1fREFbp3bI"]YouTube - 1/8th aluminium, 1250 hypertherm , Dynatorch[/ame]

Edwardo,
    Nice work! Looks like you got the settings dialed in. Very clean. not even any scratches on the aluminum. What did you use for consumables on the torch? I just got in a bunch of 40, 60 and 80 amp shielded stuff. I am getting the bug to cut some SS and aluminum.

Post some pics of the pieces when you get em finished. Anodized would be cool. I know titanium is dangerous when it is being cut but it sure looks good with a tie dye anodize job!

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Thanks WSS

Hows it going in sunny California? I had to turn the heat on in my garage 2 days ago to take the chill off here... weather changes fast as 10 days ago we had the A/C running in the house....
    I have only ever run fine cut consumables with a few trial runs of 80 amp just to crank it up and see what happens, in the vids i was using fine cut the settings are the same except for ipm, 38-39 amps @ 79-80 arc volts and the speed varies from 120-140 ipm... 120 for 1/8 steel and 140 for 1/8 alum. With the slats modified to a saw tooth pattern it basically solved the issue of alum dross on the bottom side of the sheets except where ever it happens to be touching on a cut path which isnt very often so im happy with it, only drawback with the slats like that is the sheet is more flexible when peircing, but i will deal with it until i can afford a DASH, the good out weighs the bad so far. Been cutting up a few things, i downloaded some drawings from www.plasmaspider.com and have changed them around to my liking and cut a few things out, a guy called today for a different style so i just finished off the drawing and will cut it out in the a.m. i'll post the bitmap and a pic of one already finished. So its off to Colombia Tues morning.... will be there until mid Dec i assume, we wont start drilling until the 25th Oct so it will be a long 3 weeks getting that ready:violin:... maybe i'll have time to do some sight seeing lol. Anyways i'll have internet to stay intouch so that is good...
    Looking forward to seeing ur DT in action, good luck with everything.

EDD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0128.JPG   borntoridestreetbike (600 x 500).jpg  

Edwardo,
    The weather is almost the same here. One day I woke up and the sun was coming through the windows in a different direction. Bingo it's fall! Last week we had a couple of days over 100f. Tonight it is going down to 55f, time to get out the cold weather gear. People die down here in 55 degree weather :stickpoke

Dang, you had to confirm it is fine cut consumables. I have broke the bank with torch parts and still did not get any fine cut stuff.

What do you do with your DT when your gone? Especially in the winter, do you keep her covered? Seriously, it must feel like you just get going and then have to wrap it up with your schedule. What are winters like in Columbia? I would imagine dry and mild. Or it could get really cold and drop to 45f.

I see you got pretty good at the aluminum, was this the stuff you recently purchased? I will have to get my feet wet with mild steel and AR plate. We had dinner with a purchasing agent and his wife a couple of days ago and he was told by his boss to use us for shape cutting! Most of it is 1/2"+ AR with "small holes". I have been saturating my mind with all kinds of info regarding small holes. Jim Colt sent me a super info packed PDF on small holes. I have built a couple of tools and saved them in we-cim for trial later.

Have a safe journey, post some "location" pics if you get a chance.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55ZKZ8cAViE"]YouTube - more alum[/ame]

sign parts

Been awhile, but back in the saddle now... 1/8th hot rolled, 40 amp fine cut, 79 arc volt, 120 ipm... 40 minute cycle for the sheet... cutting cottage sign parts.

EDD

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaY263qyAc"]YouTube- dynatorch[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056TfN1CFsQ"]YouTube- Dynatorch[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJMXCDwVGc4"]YouTube- dynatorch[/nomedia]

Tractor Sign

Hi all

Made a tractor sign for a lady just before Christmas, the tractor pattern is from one of my art disc modified into a hanging sign, 1/8 hot rolled steel...

EDD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MCLEOD TRACTOR (479 x 600).jpg.JPG   DSCN1639.JPG   DSCN1640.JPG   DSCN1643.JPG  

DSCN1644.JPG   DSCN1645.JPG  

a few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1646.JPG   DSCN1647.JPG   DSCN1648.JPG   DSCN1649.JPG  

DSCN1650.JPG   DSCN1651.JPG  

thats it...
    EDD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1651.JPG   DSCN1652.JPG   DSCN1653.JPG   DSCN1654.JPG  

DSCN1655.JPG   DSCN1656.JPG  

Hey Edwardo, looks like you have the dust blown off and the shop plasma heated! Very nice parts. Are you home for a bit? I have played with cutting some art type stuff lately, need more free time.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Hi Tommy

Thanks for the compliment, i had a busy year in 2010 and wasnt home much so i know how you feel spare time wise, heading back to Mexico in 4 days and 2011 looks like it will be even busier but i will keep plugging along with my DT whenever i am at home. I got into a alum boat building kick lately so i have spent alot of my off time drawing different types and parts for ( mono and multi hulls ) and sizes that i hope to use my DT to cutting parts for, i will have to index hull plates but that shouldnt be a problem, problem is finding time and space to build it so it may have to wait until i build a new shop, which comes after a reno on my house...lol.... it never ends

EDD

Page 2 of 2 12