587,324 active members*
3,383 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

4020 Memory Error

We have a 2000 model 4020 that occasionally gives us an error of "UNRECOVERABLE MEMORY ERROR AT 2FFE". This usually happens when we load larger programs from a ZIP drive. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to remedy this? The control is either a 88 od 88HS. Im not exactly sure which.
    Thanks

The first try would be to do a ZERO MEMORY procedure. It is in the Maintenance Manual. If it reoccurs then you may have a bad memory chip or board.

Neal

Neal is correct.

Attached is the procedure for zero-ing out the memory.

Let us know if you have any questions.

-Shelvin
    TheFadalParts.com
    (818) 678-9456
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

Quote Originally Posted by 5th-axis View Post
    We have a 2000 model 4020 that occasionally gives us an error of "UNRECOVERABLE MEMORY ERROR AT 2FFE". This usually happens when we load larger programs from a ZIP drive. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to remedy this? The control is either a 88 od 88HS. Im not exactly sure which.
    Thanks
    I have to do a zero mem about once a year, due to large programs however I am sending them from a pc.

I have noticed that if I uploaded a program more than 50% of my mem I get ir more ( I have 8 megs or 16 **** forgot which one) anyhow, when that program is done goto your utilities and do a clear mem and defrag, you wont have that problem as much.

I think and maybe Neal or someone can chime in, that when your sending large amounts of code to the mem card things get scrambled up(when you delete the file) if you dont do a defrag perioditcally. At least thats what I have noticed since I been defragging after large programs.

The issue started after we upgraded the memory. We will try the Zero Memory procedure. I will post back with results. Thanks for the help guys.

If you did not do a Zero Memory when you upgraded your memory, then that is most likely the issue. Any time the memory board is disconnected from the CPU a ZERO MEMORY is mandatory!!!

Neal