587,698 active members*
3,416 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CamBam + Mach3 combo for JRGO?

What kind of software are you guys using to run your JRGO's? I am on a budget and I need the most I can get for my money. I went to the EMC website/forum and it kinda scared me off. The CamBam website had a package that came with Mach3. It looked pretty decent to me but can I do better for less?

I can't speak to a different combination being less expensive, or better function, etc. However, I have been using the CamBam/Mach3 pair for about 3 years now and am very happy with the functionality, reliability and ease of use.

CamBam is a small player in the CAD/CAM world, however, it meets my needs. What I really like is the support people receive from the CamBam forum either by the CamBam author or by user/experts that are very active on the forum. There have been mulitple releases over the past three years with each adding functionality.

I have found Mach3 easy to use, reliable and flexible enough to manage 2 different configurations I use often. I am only using a fraction of Mach3 capabilities so am not wanting 'more' from Mach3.

Don

I was hoping to hear something like this. I am new to this kind of progamming and having active members/users to get help from would be priceless.

It's tough to beat the free version of Sketchup and the free cnc plugin Phlatscript. I've had luck using this combination.

I just looked at Phlatscript and it looks like it is specifically for the Phlatprinters to cut foam and thin balsa/plywood. Can it interface with more machines than the Phlatprinters?

Don

yes. I use it with my DIY cnc and Mach 3.