Geof, the shaft has been turned down to correct size already, there is no scaling on the O.D. of my part, I figured I would just say HRS so you all know its just steel. I am most certainly using a tail stock, this part would be impossible to make without it, heh. And the suggestion for no coolant...hmmmm, that sounds a little strange to me, but I've heard even more strange and they seem to work most of the time, I guess Ill give it a shot. I have already purchased several new coated inserts this morning, hopefully it will work out a little bit better. I have always had issues making this part, as you said its a very long thread for any insert. As for the threading cycle, Im just using a standard cycle, Im pretty sure im using G92. I have heard about modifying the infeed angle before, but I have no clue what so ever as to how to do it, or exactly what it changes. Im 23, and basically learning how to lathe and CNC at the same time lol, the learning curve is PRETTY steep hah. Ill try out some of these suggestions though, thanks again for the help.