588,225 active members*
4,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: XZero CNC

Page 109 of 226 95999107108109110111119159209
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4515
    Ummm do you press the tab key to get that to pop up?

Quote Originally Posted by restless1 View Post
    Ummm do you press the tab key to get that to pop up?
    Yep that did it...
    Instructional Videos for CNC Guitar Building
    http://www.rmgvideos.com

George,

Check your email. Thanks.

checked
    XZero cnc

I have a custom made anodize aluminum housings being made with USB controller and with just 10 amp stepper drivers ,can sit under table or on computer . Usb controller can also run stand alone with set programs

XZero cnc

George,

What to do with lack of clearance for grease fittings on Y & Z axises? Do you have a special fitting or magic trick?

Quote Originally Posted by iknowyoudo View Post
    George,

What to do with lack of clearance for grease fittings on Y & Z axises? Do you have a special fitting or magic trick?
    The ballnut has to be installed with fitting facing backing plate

XZero cnc

Problem solved. I used a file to knock down the corner of the grease fitting. Did not want to go over 4 ft-Lbs. of torque. I'll rework the Z axis tonight so I can have a accessible fitting without removing the spindle & ball nut every time I need to grease it. When are you shipping the bearings and ball nut retainers you forgot? Thanks

Usb controller can also run stand alone with set programs
    What rate (Hz, kHz, or MHz) will the controller run. Stand alone? How are the programs transferred? USB, WiFi, or ???

What rate (Hz, kHz, or MHz) will the controller run. Stand alone? How are the programs transferred? USB, WiFi, or ???
    my understanding was that it would just store steps its recieved via mach and let you repeat them without the pc attached. although, being usb, and not paralell, it may be something more complex.

in any case, its a feature that isnt really that useful for cnc routers etc, more for repetitive tasks like pick and place etc.

Problem solved. I used a file to knock down the corner of the grease fitting. Did not want to go over 4 ft-Lbs. of torque. I'll rework the Z axis tonight so I can have a accessible fitting without removing the spindle & ball nut every time I need to grease it. When are you shipping the bearings and ball nut retainers you forgot? Thanks
    I'm sure the one on the machine is metric, but will a fitting like this one work? Shop The Hillman Group Parallel Button Head Steel Grease Fitting at Lowes.com
    >>-HuntinDoug->

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinDoug View Post
    I'm sure the one on the machine is metric, but will a fitting like this one work? Shop The Hillman Group Parallel Button Head Steel Grease Fitting at Lowes.com
    that link activated my spyware blocker.

All,

I will have to worry about greasing in few days. Can somebody post a link or some info to educate a person like me on what is grease fitting and how and where it is used on the machine? I do understand that this is the mechanism to lubricate the moving parts of the machine like b/s or end bearings but this is the end of my knowledge.

Do George send the grease fitting as part of the machine or do I need to go and get one from hw store? how and where grease fitting fits? how does it look like? does it come filled with grease or I need to get the grease and fill the grease fitting? if i need to get the grease, which grease?

Laugh as much as you want on my ignorance :-) I at least two of xzero build thread there was some discussion on grease fitting and grease type but I did not understand well at that time.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I'm just going to make a new Z axis bracket to save myself time down the road. I have grease fittings on hand. Clearance was the issue because I don't want to over torque a fitting to make it fit. I'll probably plumb the lubrication and automate it. I'm lazy that way.

Thanks everyone. I'm just going to make a new Z axis bracket to save myself time down the road. I have grease fittings on hand. Clearance was the issue because I don't want to over torque a fitting to make it fit. I'll probably plumb the lubrication and automate it. I'm lazy that way.
    given the choice, id run pipe fittings and hoses to a central location, just to make it all easier. some of these fittings are in such tight places that youd have to pull things apart to get the grease gun in. running lines also allows a one shot oiler, whish is nice - although oil is not necessarily recommended in wood cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    that link activated my spyware blocker.
    Strange...It was a link to the Lowe's website. Here is one to the Granger website: GreaseFitting, 90Deg, OAL.82 In, PK10 - Grease Fittings - Fittings - 5PE98 : Grainger Industrial Supply
    >>-HuntinDoug->

I have also seen these on ebay. What size thread are the xzero ball screw gease nipples?

Grease fittings

I found the grease fitting threads to all be M6 metric. George, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what fit.

Take a look at Mcmaster website for fittings, large selection, steel and stainless.
    McMaster-Carr

I used a combination of 90s and straights depending on the location. Z axis still has to come apart to be properly greased, but your are talking about maybe one every two years.
    Andy M.

grease fitting: upper and lower ( 90° with threads: 6mm )

Quote Originally Posted by amasters View Post
    I found the grease fitting threads to all be M6 metric. George, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what fit.

I used a combination of 90s and straights depending on the location. Z axis still has to come apart to be properly greased, but your are talking about maybe one every two years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grease fitting.jpg   grease fitting2.jpg  

You don't have a front wiper on that ballnut?
    They are M6 fittings and grease them the first time will last years, the ballnuts and all bearings have wipers that hold the grease in and keep dust out. If fittings are not there you wont over grease them, if fitting are there you WILL over grease them and have to take machine apart every month to clean out bearings. Over greasing is the number one killer of ballscrews and bearings
    XZero cnc

Page 109 of 226 95999107108109110111119159209