Login
Page 127 of 131 2777117125126127128129
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by cnclaser1 View Post
    HI,peter,
    I am honor to see your message in here.
    I worked in JCUT.
    what's wrong with your machine?
    I ddin't say there was a problem with the machine- JUST ME - I tried to read the instruction manual and it might as well be in chinese

Hear your machine is right.....it is not English?If that,you can contact with
    our company.
    I didn't say that either- I won't know if it is OK or not until I saefly power it up and get it running.

No there were NO english instructions and my pointing this out last week apparently fell on deaf ears. Apparently advertising and communication with emails in ENGLISH doesn't mean the instructions will be the same.

Peter

I did contact Lily and reported the problem but that was as far as the interest went - of course - I have already paid for it.

Is there a set of instructions in English on the Discs with Chinese all over them ? I doubt it as I was told NO instructions in English at this stage.

I am looking to set it with software I can rely on hence my original question aboiut the DEskCNC and Vectric V Care Pro. Enroute just sounds way too dear for my limited use.

Peter

I purchased the JCut 1836 with a 500 mm Z axis

it is a big machine.If you have question,please send the email to our sales.
    As I believe said a couple of time I DID email your sales -NO SUCCESS- How many times do I need to do so.
    As you said a big machine - not a small sale

peter
    Didn't you know that 'chinese' is Australian for 'confusing'.
    I had similar problems with my excitech at first but stick with this forum and you will be right. If at worst ask Big S to come over from NZ and he will build you a new machine.
    I actually gave up on back up service after the first 3 emails left me completely dumbfounded..Got to love the chinese they make the stuff soooooo cheap some things have to be sacrificed and service is definitely one...

Hi Beerman,

Yeah I would have to agree with you.

What cnclaser seems to be missing is that I have already given up on there back up service- I was dismissed pretty promptly and am not about to go wasting any more of my time persuing a dead duck.

That is why I am looking around to get an idea of what everybody else is doing and what actually works. I never really expected to use any of the Chinese software as I figured it would be rudimentary and probably not suitable .

The Vectric site is interesting but I am still leaning toward the Desk CNC does anybody have any experience with it?

Peter

Beerman,

I would have to agree with you on that one.

What cnclaser is missing is that I am not about to waste any more time on this lame duck . I never really expected to use any of the software anyway as I figured it would be rather basic and after all I was just buying the cheaper hardware to run with some good quality software . Hence my original post to see what everyone is using and what actually works in the real world.

The Vectric site seems to offer some more affordable options than Enroute . Desk CNC is still the front runner at this stage. Does anyone have any feedback?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by BEERMAN View Post
    peter
    Didn't you know that 'chinese' is Australian for 'confusing'.
    I had similar problems with my excitech at first but stick with this forum and you will be right. If at worst ask Big S to come over from NZ and he will build you a new machine.
    Peter,

Just make sure the Red Bull Air races are on and I might be up to coming over.
    If you need English manuals for the DSP I have some good ones (I presume that is the controller you have now?)
    I have yet to see an English manual on the machine setup. Any questions just ask away.

Shannon.

English manuals for the DSP

the dsp english manual
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just a word of warning,

Check to see if your machine is grounded to the power point, my machine was not grounded ie. someone too lazy to wire up the ground they soldered it but with no wire. I was getting little shocks from the DSP connector outer metal casing.

I am not an electrician but I am 100% certain it should be grounded via the power point, if I am wrong someone please correct me.

The fuses in the machine are also 380V 10A fuses BTW dont you only fuse the active wire? not neutral?

I also had some washers and bolts floating around in the power enclosure also

I am stripping my router and will be rewiring it with Geckos and Switching PSU's to keep it simple and will just use mach 3.

To check if it is grounded you can look under the back of the router if you have a SHM0609 there should be 3 wires coming from the power point.

Motor connection

Long time since I posted up here folks.

Just using the same old thread since many of you get copies on email.

I am 99.9% there to connect my 4th axis to my machine and it has been a long time since I looked at all the tech info on the drivers etc.

However, the 4th axis I have bought uses a motor with two windings on each side - i.e 4 windings with center tap.

Now our stepper drivers the YAKO 2811MA has no connectors for the center tap from the windings. See pic bellow... My setup is basically nr2 from the left.
    Now it's probably a very basic question but I have not the time to track down in the literature : Since our Yako miss the connector - is it just to skip this and leave the connection floating ?

What may cause problems in case ? Should I double the current ?

K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YKA2811MA.jpg   YKA2402MA.jpg  

Dose anyone know contact for Excitech agent in Australia?
    There should be one in Melbourne.
    I'll appreciate any info.

Thanks,

Hi Guys

It seems quite a few people for whatever reason have lost the settings on the DSP controller. I too have joined that club and am a bit stuck

I have an excitech SHM1325 machine and it started playing up last week, in manual jog mode it would stop suddenly and go to the "Goto home?" screen on the dsp. A few buttons later and bam all the settings had disappeared.

Now the size is miles out and excitech arent replying to my emails. Does anyone have a backup file or the pulse settings etc I need to get back up and running?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dougie329 View Post
    Hi Guys

It seems quite a few people for whatever reason have lost the settings on the DSP controller. I too have joined that club and am a bit stuck

I have an excitech SHM1325 machine and it started playing up last week, in manual jog mode it would stop suddenly and go to the "Goto home?" screen on the dsp. A few buttons later and bam all the settings had disappeared.

Now the size is miles out and excitech arent replying to my emails. Does anyone have a backup file or the pulse settings etc I need to get back up and running?

Thanks
    ok the pulse settings...you cand find them on http://www.sh-router.com/after.asp under no.7 question and answer..it is simple)

Quote Originally Posted by dougie329 View Post
    Hi Guys

Thanks
    I had vowed not to post on the Excitech threads - but in this case it is to help a member out.

Dougie - try this - it should get you running.

To Format the DSP:
    Menu-System Setup-Format-OK

To Reset the data of DSP:
    1) Menu-System setup- pulse equivalent- X 127.3 Y 127.3 Z 400
    2)Menu- Parameter Setup- soft limit- X axis soft limit 1300mm Y axis soft limit 2500mm Z axis soft limit 200mm
    3)Menu- Parameter setup- Manual Setting - Low speed X 4000 Y 6000
    Z 1000. High speed X 20000 Y 20000 Z 2000

Then it should be problem solved.

U know who.

Thanks guys, got it back up and working.

The only thing now is when I run a program the Z axis doesnt move up to a safe Z before rapid to the start point like it used to. Does anybody know what setting this is?

When it finishes a job it goes to Z +10mm no matter what Z up height I enter on the screen right before the program runs.

Quote Originally Posted by blue^ray View Post
    Just a word of warning,

Check to see if your machine is grounded to the power point, my machine was not grounded ie. someone too lazy to wire up the ground they soldered it but with no wire. I was getting little shocks from the DSP connector outer metal casing.

I am not an electrician but I am 100% certain it should be grounded via the power point, if I am wrong someone please correct me.
    How pathetic... my machine isn't earthed either. They've wired up the earth for the transformers and the VFD, but just not to the socket for the 240VAC.

I measured 108VAC with the multimeter between chassis and transformer ground. I think I'II fix that before I have an unplanned accident that my insurance laughs at.

I thought the composition of the picture deserved a snap shot :-)

I've now got a proper double insulated power cable to the control box... with the correct wire colours! No more high voltage leakage to the chassis.

If anyone needs a replacement or backup DSP controller / interface card, I have mine available. Converted to Mach3 setup, so no longer need the DSP setup. In Australia, but can ship overseas.
    http://www.cnczone.com/classifieds/s...p?product=3524

Page 127 of 131 2777117125126127128129