587,089 active members*
2,871 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Excitech 1212 router down, need help.

Hiya All,
    Last week my cnc router went down, I just flipped a guitar body to rout over an d made me a nice cup of coffee before routing the back. While my coffee machine was running the general power tripped. After some investigation I found out the problem was the CNC's 380V. First I thought it was the female 380V connector and called my electrician. He came over and measured everything and came to the conclusion that one of the 2 380V transformers is dead (LUHO JBK5-800 380V in 2x90V out 4,5A x2 transformer)
    I ordered a new one trough the company I purchased the machine from and hoping to get it as soon as possible.
    Now I've got a few questions regarding the CNC and transformers. As I don't know anything about them, some info would be much appreciated.

-How is it possible that a transformer goes down, what can be the problem? The machine is only 2 years old and haven't used it much.

-Can anything else be broken behind the transformer, what's behind the transformer? I'll include some pics and schematics

Hoping for a reply.
    Greetings from a worried guitar builder,
    H

The transformer on the left hand side is dead.

Transformer closeup

Ok I found out looking at the schematic ops: , it feeds the X and Z steppen drivers. But still wondering why did the transformer went down? Can it be a fault in the steppen drivers or was it just a bad transformer?
    I did have a brutal plunge (2times) in to the Z direction a few months ago. Bad programming can it be the transformer got overloaded by that incident?

Did anyone here had a similar problem with their machine?

Problem fixed!
    The primary section was damaged, probably by the Higher voltage I've got in my workshop (412V) Most likely there was a peak in the power and the transformers primary winding couldn't take it. The broken transformer was wound for just 380V (the second one is 380V+5%). Really glad nothing else was damaged :banana:
    Anyhow, thanks for your help and info
    Happy routing!