587,311 active members*
3,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 133 of 587 3383123131132133134135143183233
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 11734
    [QUOTE=Switcher;516843]I've been working on another way of creating DXF files, working with Inkscape.
    what I need now is to see If I could get a few folks here to try the DXF file I've posted below, & give me some feedback If it works for you, also please let me know any & all software your running.

Thanks

Works well in Mastercam, both as a conture and a pocket with islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    I've been working on another way of creating DXF files, working with Inkscape. Until now I could never get Inkscape to output anything other than a mess for Windows XP,
    ive tryed wintopo and others and gave them all an honest chance but i pretty much always default back to inkscape , i find i tend to get a better file from it . its a great program
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I've been working on another way of creating DXF files, working with Inkscape. Until now I could never get Inkscape to output anything other than a mess for Windows XP, I've read that the output for Linux works ok (I don't run Linux ).

<snip>

So far I think I'm on the right track, what I need now is to see If I could get a few folks here to try the DXF file I've posted below, & give me some feedback If it works for you, also please let me know any & all software your running.

Thanks

Note:
    The attached file is the same as the photo, without the border.
    Looks ok in DesignCad3d. Lots of little unconnected lines tho.....
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Thanks guys, for the help. :cheers:

A good list of programs used.

----------------------------------

dertsap, are you running Win. XP?

jhowelb, any chance you could post a screenshot of the unconnected lines?

Thanks

Free DXF - vectorink.com

yep xp
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Switcher,
    I opened the file in bobcad v21. Looked good, generated code and backplotted it to test. No crop circles.

Regards,
    Cutmore

P.S. thanks for all the files you have posted.

Switcher,

Also looks good in Cadkey, KeyCreator, Surfcam, and Trumpf Tops Software running through Windows XP

ericandmollie

p.s. Is there a way to vectorize some arcs in that .dxf? Is it a setting issue, or just not able to make arcs?

Switcher

Your dxf file works fine in BobCad 21
    Hope you will post some details on how to get InkScape to output a ggod dxf file.

Larry

I agree that the Inkscape dxf needs needs some arcs .

If I get it working better I'll post more info.

Dertsap, have you done any dxf files in Inkscape that included arcs?

Thanks,

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Board games

Hi Everyone,

I was just curious if anyone had any .dxf files of board games like Peg, Chinese Chckers, scrimmage... I have a tic tac toe dxf thanks to Switcher. Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys, for the help. :cheers:

A good list of programs used.

dertsap, are you running Win. XP?

jhowelb, any chance you could post a screenshot of the unconnected lines?

Thanks

Had to zoom in really close to illustrate this. The segments touch but are separate lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg  
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Dertsap, have you done any dxf files in Inkscape that included arcs?

arcs dont seem to come out that great , either i'm missing something or the program is , but its still my preference over the other programs , the files i get tend to be more consistent than with other software ive tryed

scroll down to the lil red express that i did , it was done with inkscape
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...19346&page=209

I had a dxf of a toybox/blanketchest that had a boxjoint type of fit together and i lost it in a hard drive crash and i have tried to recreate the file but my joints don't seem to come out right to the point where they fit together correctly.
    When i take a section and try to duplicate it and stack it on top to continue the pattern that is where i am having a problem because trying to join them throws the fit off a bit from the female part and the opposing male part.
    Does anyone have a toybox dxf with a similar joint depicted here?
    Or can you advise me on how to continue a pattern and make it symetrical and join it so regardless of how long you make it, it will fit along with the opposing side?

I am trying to make a gun cabinet that is 41" tall with the male/female boxjoint type fit. Any help would be appreciated...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35259.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    I had a dxf of a toybox/blanketchest that had a boxjoint type of fit together and i lost it in a hard drive crash and i have tried to recreate the file but my joints don't seem to come out right to the point where they fit together correctly.
    When i take a section and try to duplicate it and stack it on top to continue the pattern that is where i am having a problem because trying to join them throws the fit off a bit from the female part and the opposing male part.
    Does anyone have a toybox dxf with a similar joint depicted here?
    Or can you advise me on how to continue a pattern and make it symetrical and join it so regardless of how long you make it, it will fit along with the opposing side?

I am trying to make a gun cabinet that is 41" tall with the male/female boxjoint type fit. Any help would be appreciated...
    I think you are just copying from the wrong place. If you cut it where I did in the attached DXF it should work for you. change the dims to fit what you need, and go from there. Hope this helps.
    Larry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Larry, I will try this and if it doesn't work for this, i have a couple small boxes i'll try them on. Thanks for the efforts!

Does anyone have a good file (jpeg, dxf, whatever) of the "trail of tears" they are willing to share? It is the one with the Indian on a horse with his head down. I've tried several Google searches with no luck.

Here you go. It's also called The End of the Trail.

http://images.google.com/images?q=en...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Trail of Tears

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Does anyone have a good file (jpeg, dxf, whatever) of the "trail of tears" they are willing to share? It is the one with the Indian on a horse with his head down. I've tried several Google searches with no luck.

Here is a simple version that I had stored. Maybe it will work?

ericandmollie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TrailofTeears.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Here is another one that you could use. I have one with more detail if you need it.

Larry

And still another...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EndTrail.JPG  
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Page 133 of 587 3383123131132133134135143183233