587,822 active members*
2,894 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 183 of 184 83133173181182183184
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    I think Defeng just caught himself with some unexpected demand for what he's doing, and is still learning how to handle it all. I think it will all be good eventually. He's not a bad guy at all. Having owned a few businesses myself I can almost sympathize, though maybe I would have handled it differently.
    "unexpected demand" ? He delivered 5 machine in 5 years !!!

How many have prepaid and still waiting ? Where is the money of other that are prepaid not delivered ? If I order one today, does my money will be to build current order and he will wait for future order to hopefully build mine until that business model collapse ?

The only good news so far is the US distributor that will be accountable by law.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyh View Post
    A generic speed test or one specific to mach 3?
    Was thinking about the utility that comes with Mach3, but forgot rustyh has the USB cable and separate controller...

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    Not true.

If I owned a small business and ordered a SVM mill because thats all I could afford at the time, is it OK to wait 2 years.

There is nothing wrong with that?? You and Jips have almost instant access to Defeng but no one else does???

You know where I think you should go....................

BS and that's all. HOW DARE YOU DEFEND HIM????

ihavenofish..............YOU ARE OUT OF TOUCH.
    You stand by someone who has taken money and has only delivered to a select few.
    Now tell me I'm full of it.that " that's just my opinion".
    I'm tired of you and louie and and Jips and especially Ian"handlecranker" defending him. Realize something here. You all can also take a break if you don't like "my opinion" It's not a one way street.

Have a great day!
    I don't defend the guy's actions. I've said repeatedly that I'm fortunate, having already written off my investment 2 years ago. I've also mentioned that I'm happy with my machine, but that doesn't make everything all right all the sudden. I lost a big customer to that debacle. But it's water under the bridge. I just want to shed a positive light on a negative situation. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    If someone know how to ask for a skyfire section ? I ask a moderator in PM but no answer yet

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk
    It was me that you asked. No, I wont open a new sub-section for Skyfire because it doesn't appear to be a mainstream machine. Are there many machines out there??? If so then maybe it will happen. But I don't see it so no.. JR
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

i dont think we need a new forum really, just split this thread off into "machines in use", and ... uh.. "nonsense" :P

jips could just start that thread with his machine i think.

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    It was me that you asked. No, I wont open a new sub-section for Skyfire because it doesn't appear to be a mainstream machine. Are there many machines out there??? If so then maybe it will happen. But I don't see it so no.. JR

shiny. but i think what he means is that theres not alot in peoples hands just yet to warrant a forum of its own. we have what, 4 people active in this thread with theirs iin hand?

give it a few month (or years in defeng time :P ) for more users to accumulate and then ask again.

for now, i think you should start a new thread in this section for all these pics and videos

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    shiny. but i think what he means is that theres not alot in peoples hands just yet to warrant a forum of its own. we have what, 4 people active in this thread with theirs iin hand?

give it a few month (or years in defeng time) for more users to accumulate and then ask again.

for now, i think you should start a new thread in this section for all these pics and videos
    I better understand know , thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digit23 View Post
    "unexpected demand" ? He delivered 5 machine in 5 years !!!

How many have prepaid and still waiting ? Where is the money of other that are prepaid not delivered ? If I order one today, does my money will be to build current order and he will wait for future order to hopefully build mine until that business model collapse ?

The only good news so far is the US distributor that will be accountable by law.
    Are we not grown-ups here? Anyone can come to this thread and read it, and make a purchase decision based on their risk assessment. And miraculously people still do end up placing an order. I had no choice but to be patient and hope. Those after me have the benefit of hindsight.

Hi.....just had to reply.....at no time EVER, AS IN EVER EVER.........have I advised or coerced or suggested or even hinted that ANYONE should/must buy this mill (specifically the SVM-0) or would not be unhappy to invest in an SVM-0 mill with all the options that were current at the time of my purchasing the said machine.

What I did say, and you can go back and read the posts prior to my placing an order approx. 2 1/2 years ago, was that I was over the moon with the design and concept of the interchangeable spindle and the ISO20 spindle with the power draw bar option that made it very versatile..............if this was taken out of context to read as ......GO BUY ONE NOW BEFORE THEY GO OUT OF STOCK.......then more fool to those that don't read the fine print ANYWHERE.

BTW.......in case anyone is misinterpreting this thread, it is about the SVM-0 build from the ground up and eventuated into other models available but not described in a build program ANYWHERE.

RustyH........you need to get real when you purchase direct from far a way with money up front........it's a risk factor that I was keen to indulge in as I liked the design and decided that was for me as in ME ME ME....period.

I could not have commented on the SVM-1 and 2 models as they were far out of my league and interest zone, so that means I could not have ADVISED you to purchase one......apparently you bought apples when comparing them to oranges etc.

BTW again, I did say very early on that a coolant leak was a possibility due to there being no method to ensure sealing around the base bolts that go through the cabinet and into the sub frame and that coolant could build up under the mill and rust the base of the cabinet out.

It would be better to examine the design as it stands and THINK THINK THINK.....how can I improve on my investment to ensure it will be there tomorrow.

By that I would suggest that the mill be removed from the cabinet and a 6mm thick plastic insert fitted, the same shape as the base, that could be glued to the base with silicon sealer to prevent coolant from building up in that area........at the same time studs that are Loctited into the sub frame would be a better option than unsealed screws.

The fact that coolant is removing the paint should tell you that it's gonna happen under the mill too, so prevention now is the same as undersealing the bottom of your car when new for rust prevention etc.

I suppose a super deluxe cabinet could be supplied powder coated, as that is practically bomb proof.

The SVM-0 was designed for mist coolant.....Defeng specifically stated this......so removal of any slight coolant build up is a housekeeping affair along with the swarf.

A comparable mill to the SVM-0 in our local tool supplier's showroom....off the shelf...... is approx. A$20,000 big ones.......and you can have it tomorrow if you pay the extra for the haulage fee........LOL.........oh yeah, it's a China import, but it is here now.
    Ian.

vi agree with a lot of writers here people who have payed a lot of mobey like me can only watch and wonder whats going on i think this non communication and seeing what kind of low quality ( the mach 3 config disczssion for instance ) would lead in any western country to setious trouble ,.. and we only can watch and wonder ,... abd that also pisses me off as well but at least i get some entertainment for my money ,..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    seeing what kind of low quality ( the mach 3 config disczssion for instance )
    mach3's low quality issues are not the fault of skyfire - other than he shouldnt be spec'ing terrible software
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    mach3's low quality issues are not the fault of skyfire - other than he shouldnt be spec'ing terrible software
    :P
    Mach3 is pretty standard, and getting help relatively easily. And hey it works.

Quote Originally Posted by louieatienza View Post
    kinda, not really, and definitely not.

but anyway, that's a whole different matter and as i said, not defengs problem in the least..

ihavenofish

yes yes yes

I did say what needs done if he does in that order he will find where the problem is quite simple yes I know you love linux
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    ihavenofish

yes yes yes

I did say what needs done if he does in that order he will find where the problem is quite simple yes I know you love linux
    nope, mach3 is for me not a functional controller. random stalls in the middle of expensive workpieces that noone seems to know how - or care - to fix in the software is not the way to go.

you know Mach3 is a dead product
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mach4 is just a dead to me. same bugs as far as im aware.

rustyh
    What configuration do you have of the SVM-2. Maybe I can help if I knew what we were dealing with. I do not have my SVM2 yet, but have built a couple of home brew machines and have seem some of the problems you mentioned. In order to address those issues, it is very hardware, and software parameter specific.
    JRouche
    Do you have a specific number in mind as to what forms a supportable community. How many MakiniMechs were out there when that forum was started? Not everyone who has a machine posts to this thread.

Hubert

I have to say, as much as I dog the antiquated interface (which can be updated with skins) I never, ever had a problem with Mach3 randomly stalling - ever. Of course now I say that, it'll probably happen. The issues I did have with it pertain to the USB pulse generator I used, namely the USB SmoothStepper. I could never find a buffer size/look ahead combination that didn't result in a stall, at some point, but even then it continued on. Every machine I drove through the parallel port, once configured, have had no problems. There was one issue I had, that I figured out was caused by the USB driver for, and sensitivity of, my touch screen monitor and some dust accumulation. Regular dusting of the screen solved that issue.

But, there is still a huge installed base. There are many people here who can and have helped. as far as setup and troubleshooting, more so than any other hobby-level controller software. And parts are made with it every day. I've never had any problems with its trajectory planner/look ahead, or anomalies on a part due to the software. And have ran jobs with hundreds of thousands of lines of code, spanning over 6 hours of non stop machining. I think a big problem with Mach3 is the implementation of third party USB interfaces, which probably are not vetted fully by Mach3, and probably will never be with the new incomplete Mach4.

Page 183 of 184 83133173181182183184