Thanks A+

A+

Quote Originally Posted by A+ Machining View Post
    Have you received your machine yet?
    How long did it take to get?
    Are you happy with it?
    Thanks A+
    Hi A+,
    It's been about 6 weeks since ordering and I haven't got it yet, but it's getting closer . The first date I got from the freight forwarder was 9/17 to arrive in Pittsburgh, then I received a fax from them yesterday saying the date is now 9/22. Hopefully it's on a train somewhere heading this way.

It looks like it's going to end up at about 7+ weeks from order to delivery. I just hope it's in one piece when it gets here.

Take care,
    Skip

Skip

I asked him to ship mine to Philadelphia. I'm only 30 miles away so I am going to pick it up when it arrives.
    Let us know when it arrives. Good luck

Thanks
    A+

Mine arrived fine.

I bought and received mine in May and other than some issues with the PCI driver card its been a wonderful machine, IT just works. I have about 200 hrs so far on the tube and it workds like new. Be careful of the chiller... the water container inside appears not to be stainless so mine rusted quite badly within a few weeks of usage. I can still use it but truthfully, the pail of water is easier by a good deal and just as effective. Not as professional looking though.

Thanks
    Mike
    www.classicplayfields.com

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy007 View Post
    I bought and received mine in May and other than some issues with the PCI driver card its been a wonderful machine, IT just works. I have about 200 hrs so far on the tube and it workds like new. Be careful of the chiller... the water container inside appears not to be stainless so mine rusted quite badly within a few weeks of usage. I can still use it but truthfully, the pail of water is easier by a good deal and just as effective. Not as professional looking though.

Thanks
    Mike
    Mike,

Wow,
    Thats very good to hear. What model did you get? And how long did it take to arrive?

Thanks
    A+

Laser LC6090

My order was as below, prices were super and Jack Yin was great to deal with. It took about 10 days after I placed the order for the machine to be picked up from WKLasers and shipped. About 1 week in transit and about 10 days fighting with a freight forwarder here in Canada. They were a real pain but one word from Jack and things got better quickly. I bought a bunch of spares which I have not needed but I bet I would have if I hadn't bought them :-)

LC6090 (80w) with 100mm lens installed
    - Setup for 110v 60Hz
    - The machine should be fitted with all attachments as discussed
    Water chiller, stock water pump
    air jet around laser head
    exhaust pump and all safety interlocks as noted.
    water chiller
    spare 80W tube
    3x Spare mirrors
    spare 100mm Lenses
    spare Drives

If you have any questions just ask as I found the group here super and I'd liek to return the favor.
    www.classicplayfields.com

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy007 View Post
    My order was as below, prices were super and Jack Yin was great to deal with. It took about 10 days after I placed the order for the machine to be picked up from WKLasers and shipped. About 1 week in transit and about 10 days fighting with a freight forwarder here in Canada. They were a real pain but one word from Jack and things got better quickly. I bought a bunch of spares which I have not needed but I bet I would have if I hadn't bought them :-)

LC6090 (80w) with 100mm lens installed
    - Setup for 110v 60Hz
    - The machine should be fitted with all attachments as discussed
    Water chiller, stock water pump
    air jet around laser head
    exhaust pump and all safety interlocks as noted.
    water chiller
    spare 80W tube
    3x Spare mirrors
    spare 100mm Lenses
    spare Drives

If you have any questions just ask as I found the group here super and I'd liek to return the favor.
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update and the offer to answer questions. I'm sure I'll have a few very soon.

That sucks about your chiller tank rusting. That shouldn't happen. What's up with that Jack Yin?

Skip

jack if you could explain why the chiller is rusting it would be good. upgrading to stainless can't be that expensive if your not using it

My LC6090 came today !!!

I haven't done much more than take it out of the crate and check everything out, but here's my impressions so far.

The crate was excellent and the machine was well packaged. The two (one is a spare) 63" long laser tubes were well packaged and appear intact. Big relief... now if they just work. There appears to be some moisture left in the water jacket of the tubes which I hope is from them being tested for leaks before passing inspection.

The machine itself looks very well constructed. One point of confusion to me though is the rear power connections. There is the main power connection and the 110v cord is supplied for that. It's the same cord as say your PC power cord. Three pronged male plug on one end, and the sort of modified triangle shaped female on the other. Where the female end of the power cord plugs into the laser, it's marked 220v.

Right beside this connection there are 3 other two pronged plugs all marked 220v. The blower, chiller, and air pump are all 110v and have 3 prong plugs.

I also noticed when I opened the side door to look at the electronics and power supply, the PS had oil all over the top of it. It looks like whoever oiled the rails above got a little carried away with the oil and it ran down. No big deal though. I don't think any got into the PS.

I got a happy surprise when I unwrapped the rotary attachment. It's the type with a 3 jaw chuck and a tailstock(see pic) . Very heavy duty and well made. I had thought they only offered the Epilog roller type rotary but I had really wanted this type for what I wanted to do with it. A+ there Jack.

I also got the USB upgrade because of all the horror stories about the PCI cards being touchy. They even included a 128Mb USB thumb drive for file transfers, or you can use the supplied USB cable to go direct from the PC to the laser.

Oh, Flyguy007, the chiller I got is the 3000 series and according to the manual it has a stainless steel tank. Is yours the 3000 series too?

Unfortunately I have work to do for a few days and can't start the setup yet. Bummer...

Hey, does anyone know what the two memory(?) chips are for that are stuck in the styrofoam in the one picture? Nothing in the documentation about them.

Skip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rotary.jpg   laser 002.jpg  

red usb is the soft dog, (dongle??) Software key, should be connected all the time

Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    red usb is the soft dog, (dongle??) Software key, should be connected all the time
    Thanks Luis, I guess I should have said that I know what everything pictured is for except the two chips stuck on the styrofoam.

Thanks,
    Skip

Skip

It sounds very good. I really hope I get the same rotary attachment, its exactly what I wanted for my jobs.
    Thanks for keeping us updated and the pics. Let me know what you find out about the electrical connections.
    Thanks
    A+

Cool laser machine

Hi Skip,

Two Chips in styroform are sparepart of laser power. I have some questions with your machine.
    1) What software does this machine control engrave or cutter?
    2) It use DB25-pin of parallel port( your CPU) to control your machine or not? or use PCBA to connect with your CPU.

Cheers,
    Samak

Quote Originally Posted by samakthachai View Post
    Hi Skip,

Two Chips in styroform are sparepart of laser power. I have some questions with your machine.
    1) What software does this machine control engrave or cutter?
    2) It use DB25-pin of parallel port( your CPU) to control your machine or not? or use PCBA to connect with your CPU.

Cheers,
    Samak
    Thanks for the info, Samak.

The machine uses a USB interface. Files are created in LaserCut50 (DSP5.1) and transfered to the laser with a USB thumb drive, or you can connect the computer and laser directly with the supplied USB cable to transfer files. Pretty good setup I think.

Skip

Update on my LC6090 from WKLaser

I have my machine operational now and I am very happy with it. I did have problems getting the tube to light at first but I finally tried to re-tighten the wire clamping screws on the back of the power supply and that's all it was. They weren't loose really, and I barely got any movement from the screws but after that... success !!!

Here's two pics of the first two things I did with it. The heart design is cut out of Manila folder paper (thanks for the file Luis), and the engraving is done on a piece of cherry wood. The engraving isn't the best, but it's a good start. Maybe a little less power on the next attempt. The bitmap I used wasn't all that high of quality either though.

All in all, I am very pleased with Jack Yin and WKLaser. They make a very good machine and Jack is a man you can trust.

Skip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails first engraving 001.jpg   Luis Heart.jpg  

Skip Congrats

Congratulations Skip,
    That looks great for a 1st attemp. I can't wait until mine gets here.
    Keep up the good work.
    Art D

Nice work with first attempt, hope mine will be as good.

Why you choose a 100mm Lens over say the 50mm

regarding files any good place to get them without worring about copyrights and such.

Hi Skip,
    Glad to hear that you are happy with your model..

By the way, many thanks for your praise..

JackYIn

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Donnellan View Post
    Nice work with first attempt, hope mine will be as good.

Why you choose a 100mm Lens over say the 50mm

regarding files any good place to get them without worring about copyrights and such.
    Hi Micheal,

I couldn't make up my mind on whether to buy a cutting machine or an engraving machine but decided on the 80w 6090. I figured I wanted to cut AND engrave (but mostly cut) and I did order a 50mm lens for it too. I somehow ended up with two 50mm lenses though instead of one of each but Jack is fixing me up with the 100mm.

If you don't already have it, you should get Corel Draw 12. It also comes with a bunch of clipart that you can use. You can also search Google for "free vector clipart" or just "free clip art", you will be surprised what you can find.

Did you order a machine? Are you still going to have to pay those outrageous fees to import one?

Take care,
    Skip

Working out final details with forwarders before ordering. Anyone here heard of Five Star Imports www.fsiireland.com or Aquaship Agencies http://www.aquashipagencies.com/. WKlaser says pay them first then forwarder. Forwarder say pay to forwarder and they handle everything including Customs, VAT and delivery to home and paying WKlaser. Which would be handier for me. Its also supposed to be safer.

What you think of the Chuck rotary over a Epilog type roller rotary.

whats the round thing in your photo am I right about switches
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LASER BITS.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 1234