588,531 active members*
8,038 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HAILINHAAS View Post
    Did you look at the breaker and make sure it says 10 amp .. sometimes they mix things up and send you the wrong stuff
    No, I was not absolutely clear. Both pumps are the High Volume type with a 3/4HP motor (I think it is 3/4). The difference between the pumps is the make of the motor. One pump runs fine, the other pump pops the breaker every 30 minutes or so. This is why I think it is the starting surge on the motor; the machine is a SL-10 running small parts with a bar feeder, and sometimes it is doing a tool change every ten to fifteen seconds which turns the coolant pump off and on. I think the frequent starting surge just warms the breaker up until it pops.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Geof,
    I went home last night and looked at the breakers for the coolant pump, the one it came with was 3amp and I swaped it with a 10amp, now it works great. I couldnt find a spindle break in pgm. I did run the warn up again but didnt make a difference.

Remember, the TM's are grease lubricated spindles. A warm up is always a good idea but there should never be a large accumulation of oil in the bottom bearing. To the best of my failing memory my TM did not come with a run in program, only the warm up program.

Vern

Failing Memory

Vern,

Don't feel bad. My failing memory also tells me that the TM-1P only came with the 2020 spindle warm up program.

John

Misery loves company.

Page 2 of 2 12