588,251 active members*
4,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller Cards > are there still no simple cheap good USB controllers?
Page 2 of 2 12

Cool All kidding aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bohlke View Post
    Gez, you guys make me feel dumb, it took me longer that 20 hours to get this done.

But alas it does have a 2006 copyright on the board.

Now to get to work on the Servo version of it. Maybe I can have it done by last month. After all I started on it last week.

And for those that want to use a USB port on a Vista or Windows Xp to control one of those legacy parallel port motor drivers you might want to consider the USB CamPod that I make.

Cheers
    Dennis
    www.super-tech.com
    If you want something that runs a cnc thru the usb port, and is a real good deal, Just get the deskcnc controller, which runs on a serial port. Pickup a serial to usb adapter and away you go. This is the detup I currently use on my router.
    It comes with a controller board and the included cam/cnc controller software runs on any windows based computer, win 95 on up. pII 233mhz on up.
    It is only $350 if you get both the software and board at the same time. I personaly use it and it doeas a great job. the only real limitations are the fact that I can't use it on my analog servo driven milling machine. But for step and direction use, it is one of the best packages out there, if a little less known than Mach3 or emc. Perfect for those needing to use it from a laptop or older/slower computer. But it all depends on what you call "CHEAP"

For the cost of a smoothstepper for all of you using mach3, which I personally think is cheap considering what it can do, you get usb connectivity.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bohlke View Post
    Now to get to work on the Servo version of it. Maybe I can have it done by last month. After all I started on it last week.
    Shouldn't that read "After all I started on it next week."?

Page 2 of 2 12