588,184 active members*
4,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Simple cheap CNC router

Hello all. I am starting this thread to share plans for a simple and cheap CNC machine that I have built. Anyone interested in Plans can purchase them from my site at

http://members.cox.net/walachcnc

I only charge $25 and this includes shipping to anywhere in the US. I will ship worldwide, however email me for a price quote for internatinal shipments. I am trying to keep the cost of these plans down, so I will try not keep even internatinal shipments to $25US. I send you prints of each part with step by step instructions, parts list, part numbers, vendor names ect. Take a look at some pics on my site for shots of the machine and sample cuts made from it on my site. We can use this forum to help others trying to build this simple machine. I spent under $300US to build this machine including steppers and motor control. Thanks for looking!

Mike

Sorry, the e-mail address to reach me is [email protected]. Send PayPal payment to [email protected]. Both address are me, this just helps my bookeeping from my tech support.

Thanks again!

Mike

Your design

Quote Originally Posted by mwalach
    Sorry, the e-mail address to reach me is [email protected]. Send PayPal payment to [email protected]. Both address are me, this just helps my bookeeping from my tech support.

Thanks again!

Mike
    Anyone who reads my posts knows that I don't know doodly. So I'm just asking so as to learn. Why aren't the fixed uprights in the middle of the bed rather than the end?

The table moves in his plan, so I think it's made this way so the table can be 100% clear when it is all the way to the right in his picture.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Scott,

You may be right but doesn't that also keep it from being able to reach the entire length of the table with the router bit (unless the router is hanging out in the middle because of its overhang)?

Alan

I think the table is oversize. The bit can not access the entire surface - I am sure he will clear this up for us.

He may have done this to spread the guiding out as far as possible for stability.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

anyone get these plans?

yeah, the dremel overhangs quite a bit. The uprights are set so I have full range of the table. I originally thought center was better until I put it all together and realized, no, it wont work that way.

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been in the forum for a while.

mw