588,577 active members*
12,734 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby0000 View Post
    We have very good support and excellent service from them. This breakout board works great too.

Can YOU tell me what each of those jumpers do?
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

I have a spare G203V, perhaps I should connect one motor thru this board using the Vampire to try my theory as the 203 will just shut down.
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

The hitch is NOT with the product. It looks to be a quality item. The problem is with the DOCUMENTATION!

The product bears little resemblance to the drawings and NO BODY has yet been able to tell me what the two jumpers on this board do!!!

I've used lots of Kelling products. Power supplies, simple break out boards and steppers. I even ordered three Geckos from them. Never a glimmer of a hassle!

........till now!

Now customer service can't or won't give me any data on HOW to set the jumpers on this board nor what exactly the jumpers do. Sending the product back ISN'T the answer as I STILL need a board the does what this one is supposed to do. Opto-isolation is icing on the cake. I am, however, left to experiment to find my answers with this equipment between my computer and my new drivers.

What really burns my butt is the suggestion that I should just shut up and USE it without asking questions or getting answers. As stated above, they could take customer service and public relations lessons from Freimanis and Co. as well as product support.

Restated, the problem is PRODUCT INFORMATION!

The way I interpret what I have read so far, jhowelb ordered an item and got another, the question is it a superior or inferior item, If that were me, I would like to have access to the documentation in order to assess whether I consider it superior and if so, whether can I use it in my application, or send it back for the item ordered.
    Naturally I need the smarts to assess this, or at least ask help here, or of the supplier.
    The bottom line is, the correct documentation should be available, whatever is received.

On a side note, I see they make great use of the term Ground instead of Common, one place shows GND (V-)?
    At no place does it show that common is actually at ground, and if so where is it to be grounded?
    IMO This can lead to much confusion, especially among anyone that are electronically challenged or a newbie at electrical terminology.
    A lot of grief can come about when systems are wired without due regard as to what and where a ground should be used.
    My 2¢ for the day.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thank you for all your support.
    As I told you, Set the jump at Default.
    We offer 100% support. If you want C10, I send you a C10, If you want to keep this one, it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelinginc View Post
    Thank you for all your support.
    As I told you, Set the jump at Default.
    We offer 100% support. If you want C10, I send you a C10, If you want to keep this one, it is ok.

What I want is DOCUMENTATION on the item you sent me.

You treat me as an idiot, (just use what you were sent and don't ask questions) and then you get offended when I insist on answers. My God, man, I'm disabled and living on a fixed, limited income. I can't afford to burn up equipment by just taking someones word for just do it especially when you have already admitted in person that you don't know what the jumpers do.

What's the problem? WHY won't you answer the question or provide a diagram? Is there something else we don't know?

I'm sick of the argument and don't trust you enough at this point to even return the board. Guess I'll have to start hunting for another outlet!

Smile

Jhowelb,

The eBay vendor in China stated that the jumpers are not connected.

We are ordering several of these from Keling and will determine what the jumper setting functions actually are as soon as they are delivered.

Jeff...

This is turning into a storm

I got mine this morning and guess what?? It is the same one and not a C10 as I had ordered and I require a pdf with the positions of all jumpers because I will be using G251's and I don't want to be an experimenter looking for ground and paying for my mistakes with a G251!

That is all we want, some documentation?

We are not trying to turn anything into a bullfest.... Just tell us where to get a .pdf from?
    Cheers, Bob
    http://www.ocm.com.au/wordpress/

It could be position J4 which has no connector at present?
    Cheers, Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Jhowelb,

The eBay vendor in China stated that the jumpers are not connected.

We are ordering several of these from Keling and will determine what the jumper setting functions actually are as soon as they are delivered.

Jeff...

Thanks, I will appreciate any information I can get.

BUY AMERICAN!

I have put a message up requesting a .pdf file in the general electrical area, this thing will not suit G251 in it's present form and if I get no answer it will be going back

There are a couple of jumpers called J4 and J1...
    Cheers, Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    What I want is DOCUMENTATION on the item you sent me.

You treat me as an idiot, (just use what you were sent and don't ask questions) and then you get offended when I insist on answers. My God, man, I'm disabled and living on a fixed, limited income. I can't afford to burn up equipment by just taking someones word for just do it especially when you have already admitted in person that you don't know what the jumpers do.

What's the problem? WHY won't you answer the question or provide a diagram? Is there something else we don't know?

I'm sick of the argument and don't trust you enough at this point to even return the board. Guess I'll have to start hunting for another outlet!
    Here is from the manufacture:
    JP1 and Jp2 are used to select the 5v power supply or 10v power supply.When you use 5v power supply, you jump JP1 and JP2.
    If you use 10V power supply, do not jump the JP1 and JP2.
    any question, pls let me konw

Why are you guys getting different boards than what you ordered??
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have been watching this thread and kept wondering if I missed something.

Kelling site clearly shows a CNC4PC C10 board and this is what I believe was ordered in the two cases discussed here.

Whether or not this Chinese board is better, is not the point. People have ordered with CNC4PC's backup, documentation and reputation in mind.

Surely it is up to the customer to decide if they want an unknown alternative.

I guess this could have happened by mistake, the wrong one was inadvertently sent, but it does not sound like it from the response in this thread.

Greg

OK, we finally got an answer......kind of...............

I will apply 5 volts o this thing and use a volt meter to test every pin on it before I connect it to anything................

Documentation............the paperwork after the job...............just like wiping your..............

Well, I thought I was ordering an opto isolated board. come to find out that the C19 is not and this one is.

I still don't know if the C10 will do the job with the G251 so I'd be taking a pig in a poke.

At the proper time in the build of my machine I can test this board with a G203V with no danger of damage to the drive.

My concern with Kelling at this point is the reticence to provide documentation or even information. Al business relations are built on trust, which at this point has evaporated and all the reassurances as to character in the world won't change that now. Even paying the freight back would be throwing good money after bad.

On top of that my health is going into the tank really fast. Time is the one commodity I have the least of. I am using this project to teach my adopted grandson "how to" and I fear that I have only one shot left at getting it done. There are thing more valuable than money and leaving him with a first class machine is at the top of the list.

I will test the board, if it does not work I will try a straight connection board I have and failing that I will order another board from somewhere.

Aggravation? Oh you bet! And just requiring a simple explanation of just what the bloody H@$# the board does!!!

God I wish Gecko made a break out board!!!

I too order the c10 and received the "new" board. being the brave soul that i am i just wired it up and ignored the jumpers, and it worked just fine. and my current problem is happening with this board or my ncPod.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmessenger View Post
    I too order the c10 and received the "new" board. being the brave soul that i am i just wired it up and ignored the jumpers, and it worked just fine. and my current problem is happening with this board or my ncPod.
    This board will work great.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmessenger View Post
    This board with SmoothStepper USB worked fine in our system

Kelinginc are also sending me a C10 tomorrow.

I have offered to send the board back to them but they said it was okay to keep it.

Thank you John.

I am more than happy with the rest of the shipment and when the C10 arrives I can put it to use and get my CNC happening
    Cheers, Bob

Page 2 of 3 123