Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Hybrid View

RE: engravings on Redsail RS6090

Hi Laurent,
    Please give more details.
    What type of file are you working with?
    What settings are you using?
    If you like, send me your file. I will run it on one of our demonstration machines and see if there is a problem.
    Best regards.
    Neil (for CTRfuture Ltd.) http://www.ctrlasers.co.uk
    Sent the email to sales(at)ctrfuture.co.uk
    Use the @ symbol in place of the word (at)

Hi Neil,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have spent many fruitless hours adjusting mirrors in the order you have suggested,
    The reason I went for the Redsail over other Chinese Lasers is because the software seemed user friendly.
    My friend bought 2 machines along with mine, our M900's arrived together, my one had a completely different panel interface, board and software, the safety's didn't work nor the E stop.
    The Software Dialogue boxes were all in Chinese
    My friend who is a Motion control camera crane Technician rang the Website contact and was told that a new board and panel was required to make it run like the website example.
    He installed the new board and Panel.
    He has replaced the mirror adjustments and has now come to the conclusion that the whole thing could work if completely remounted on a slab of Aluminium or similar.
    However there is still the issue of the quality of the laser beam itself , it is very coarse maybe .3 or .4 mm it hardly cuts and sets a lot of things on fire.
    I have a 35 watt Universal laser obviously much more expensive but I know what a focussed laser looks like.
    I know it was cheap and that it wouldn't be as good as a Universal Laser but it would be nice if it could cut something !
    My friend had more luck with the C120 once the mirrors were replaced by better quality ones by Redsail.
    However he is completely frustrated by it moving out of focus as the machine is used, it cuts differently and at different angles at different parts of the bed.

Possible solution

Quote Originally Posted by LOLO80 View Post
    good evening, someone little to help me!! I have a redsail 6090 beautiful machine, but I do not arrive to do fine engravings
    laurent
    Hi Laurent,Thank you for sending the files and details.
    I hope my reply solved your problem.

The focus distance is very important for good results. The laser beam is at its smallest diameter at the correct focus distance. Also it is a lot more powerful as all the beam is working in a very small area. If the beam diameter is twice the size, the power is reduced by about 4 times.

If anyone has lost the focus gauge for their Redsail RS6090 (or 5070) the height from material to the standard lens housing should be 15mm.
    You can also use a trial and error method:
    Set the lens somewhere near. Try a sample cut at low power on a piece of card (so you do not cut through it).
    Adjust the lens up, or down by a couple of milimeters and cut again in a different place.
    Compare the laser cut beam width of the two sample cuts. Continue adjusting and trial cutting until you have found the height that gives the thinnest cut line. This is the correct height for your machine.
    Hope this is of help.
    Regards. Neil for CTRfuture Ltd. http://www.ctrlasers.co.uk

Redsail M900 and C150+

I Purchased 2 units at the same time as Humandynamo and the both required so much work to make them function correctly it was almost a waste of time purchasing them , I could have built them from scratch for less money than it cost to purchase them and the fix them.

Examples:

Linear rail’s, not mounted correctly and bent.

Mirror mounts were so poorly constructed the mirrors would move if you bumped the machine. Mirrors were marked and pitted (redsails explanation was that there was a protective coating on the mirrors that had to be removed with a solvent before use) no coating on any of the mirrors in the two machines I purchased directly for redsail in China. And redsail refused to replace the mirrors and lenses

Both machines were wired very poorly, to the point where the M900 would not work until I re-wired the E-stop , key switch and safety interlock for the lid also water cooler connection to the laser unit was just a connector not wired to anything. The power supply to run the stepper motors was rated at 1.2A pathetic to run motors of that size.

Chipped focusing lenses , when you set the focus distance and tightened the thumb screw to hold the lenses tube in place the lenses tube would sit at an angle .

I ended up replacing all the optical components except the laser tube with quality precession components form ThorLabs inc and Melles Griot , and the mirrors and lenses form Edmund optics.

A very bad experience over all I would not recommend purchasing any of their laser products.

Hi Neil, where abouts in the UK are you based? If I eventually get one of these I might be able to drive over to collect it.

CTRlasers UK location

Quote Originally Posted by thkoutsidthebox View Post
    Hi Neil, where abouts in the UK are you based? If I eventually get one of these I might be able to drive over to collect it.
    Hi, Thanks for your interest. We are just outside Northampton and would be pleased to see you.
    If you collect a machine from us, it would be a good idea to have the training at the same time. We would also adjust the price of the machine to reflect the fact that you will be doing the on-site installation yourself.
    Please continue communication through our web site contact form http://www.ctrlasers.co.uk/contact. Then we can keep this offer 'in the system' for the time when you decide to buy.
    Best regards. Neil (for CTRfuture Ltd.)

Hi Laurent,
    Do you have a problem when you engrave pictures, and you can't get a good results?
    I think normally you can send the vector files for cutting and engraving without any problem, or also you have a problem in both picture files and vector files?
    What is your software, easycut 2 or easycut 4 ?

I did not get it via sea freight I got it by air. All I want to do is recuperate some of my lost money on this machine. It would make someone a good machine. I have around $2.500 invested in it and have only got to use it 20 days, I admit when it was working it did a pretty good job. I am just over the whole idea of dealing overseas, Due to the language barrier. It seems China can not understand some of the words we use and this is very aggravating repeating the same thing over and over. I try to tell the tech support my findings and they ask the same questions over and over,

Anyway I would like to get $900 for the machine or trade it for a small cnc mill.

Quote Originally Posted by VJK View Post
    Hello, has anyone had the experience of purchasing and using a redsail laser 60 watt, if so can you share your experience?:tired:

Hi
    I bought one 6090 redsail, I had it in November, and since it functions badly. bad alignment of the mirroirs, bad adjustment of the axis Y, in engraving it makes an engraving well, the other badly!! the laser tube and bad (approximately 30 H of operation) it is insane! large a thank you with neil which tries to help me!!
    Laurent

Hi,
    I have had only frustration with my Redsail M900, my friend who builds Cnc machines also imported a M900 and a C1200. The M 900 is truly bad , I had to buy a new board as the machine was not delivered as advertised with English software and as turns out was in fact 2 year old stock, additional cost $US1000.
    We have tried replacing the mirrors , but the chassis is so variable that the power and angle changes at different points around the machine.
    I have 2 Chinese Cnc routers which are very good, I think lasers are to difficult for the technology they are trying to use.
    Buy American

M900 English!

Quote Originally Posted by Humandynamo View Post
    Hi,
    I have had only frustration with my Redsail M900, my friend who builds Cnc machines also imported a M900 and a C1200. The M 900 is truly bad , I had to buy a new board as the machine was not delivered as advertised with English software and as turns out was in fact 2 year old stock, additional cost $US1000.
    We have tried replacing the mirrors , but the chassis is so variable that the power and angle changes at different points around the machine.
    I have 2 Chinese Cnc routers which are very good, I think lasers are to difficult for the technology they are trying to use.
    Buy American
    Hi Humandynamo,
    I'm sorry to hear that you have wasted your money on a new board. Actually, the M900 software has a language.ini file. This contains the prompts etc, so any language can be supported. No need to change any hardware. Same with the C120 (I don't know a C1200).

About 2 year old stock:
    Did the machine come directly from Redsail? I have visited them many times during the last few years. They have very little stock! If fact, often we must wait for machines to be built when we place our orders.
    I suspect you may have bought your machines from a Chinese dealer. This may explain the apparent lack of support.

Regarding the power and angle changing at different points, it is just a matter of setting up the tube, mirrors and lens allignment. These are easy to adjust, but you must do it in the correct order or you will be chasing your tail!

Start with the laser tube height (output to allign with the centre height of the mirrors (mirror 1 is that nearest the laser tube, back left corner). then each mirror in turn, fron mirror 1.

Please email me if you need specific instructions for this process. I would be pleased to help.
    [email protected] also visit us at www.ctrlasers.com.

Hi

Before two weeks ago I bought one YH-G6050 from Laserworld, China of 60 watt machine. only with few settings in the software the machine is excellent and low price. I did not adjust any mirrors etc. Second, the prompt and to the point support for the problems. The machine is using Laser cut 5.0 DSP software and it is more friendly.

A. Muqtadir

RedSail company will attend the exhibition is Dubai, welcome every friend who have interest to our show. The time is from Feb 27th to Mar 1st, where you can find our new model.

muqtadir,

Can you give me a link to Laserworld? It sounds like you found a good machine at a good price. Thanks.

Hi

The site for laserworld is www.laserworld.com.cn.

M900

Quote Originally Posted by VJK View Post
    Hello, has anyone had the experience of purchasing and using a redsail laser 60 watt, if so can you share your experience?:tired:
    Yep, I just bought an M900 form them, are you still interested in my opinion?

Page 2 of 2 12