588,386 active members*
5,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 27 of 78 1725262728293777

Hybrid View

rocket

i must say i like the "stang", here in the south US they are still plentiful $$$
    but readily available, a fixer upper can start @ 3000+ and run to 20.000+
    finished saw maybe 30 to 40 at a local car show in november,

i was going to comment on wire, we have the situation where on e guy will move anothers extension and compressed air cables and hoses, we have small 1/8" compressed air in many of the machines for various actuated task.

all off these are secured with cable straps, some have a slice of bicycle tire rubber tube with an extra inch or two of cable between the straps, this takes the impact of a small pull but will not keep cable from severing if some one trips over it (depends on strength of cable) as for what i see on yours, i would mount cable tie to secure connection then slit a piece of pvc (to get cable in with out removing ends and build a housing for hand held controller.

i'll show photo of my zero mount on another computer oh an i got one guy in my shop who loves making items like your bit holder hes got a roll around box for all tools, some tools have thier own like the moulders, saws etc. he also marks all bolts and hex heads with a sharpie marker as to what they are at thier location so he no one who has to work on machines has to guess what wrench to use

cabnet

cabnet, we have a few stangs here. The one in the photo is in my garage.Have stripped it to bare metal and it is now in etch primer, problem right now is it is too hot to go into garage to work. My son is nearing completion of a full restoration on his 65 coupe. i will post a photo of it tomorrow - it is a bloody ripper. Bought another one owner 67 coupe from Kansas city. It was described as very little rust - but has plenty of it. We will buy all of our stangs from Califonia or Arizona in future. ( less rust ).

I like your idea of the cable ties and bike tubes - will give it a go.

How is your machine coming along?

Rocket.

man i am so happy

while you were typing i finally figured out how to accomplish my goal of importing a jpeg and carving a detail (it's in the tutorials) bought some dover clipart with scrolls ans ornamentals will make another and post in a minute
    cabnet

win cnc will be here next week but it does not stop me from carving i just have and older dos system that is on an old windows 98 computer and cannot go on xp (as i understand it dos will not load on xp)

also surgical tubing will work for flex but drill hole in youtr control box and mount small eye bolt for attaching cable strap we do this with a lot of electronic equipment in air traffic control towers and home theaters

Hi,
    Let me know website sh-cnc or excitech in china you are talking about. I found some website that are look alike. Thanks. Kilbula.

cabnet, your surgical tubing and eyebolt method looks to be the way to go. We used to use that tubing to make slingshots.

Wow! that is quite intricate. How long did it take to carve?

Rocket.

dont know actual but time calc

is 2.5 hours at 300 inches per minute
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails goddess.jpg   grape.jpg  

I think i had better stick with my $150 Ucancam Key!

The machine I am using uses pressure feed oil to all the slides and ballscrews.There is 15 separate tiny,weny tubing from a manifold to each linear componet.The idea is to supply oil and air at low pressure to "blow out any swarf or dust.In low production a shot of grease a day will keep the...away.
    Happy New Year
    Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CS45_510.jpg  
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Quote Originally Posted by lgalla View Post
    The machine I am using uses pressure feed oil to all the slides and ballscrews.There is 15 separate tiny,weny tubing from a manifold to each linear componet.The idea is to supply oil and air at low pressure to "blow out any swarf or dust.In low production a shot of grease a day will keep the...away.
    Happy New Year
    Larry
    Ok- that is a beautiful looking peice of gear!

If I had the volumes of throughput requiring that level of engineering that is the sort of machine I would really like to own.

Exitech gives us an opportunity to have name brand quality linear motion gear and spindles with cheaper inverters and drives which when combined with cheap labour in China makes these machines great value. Providing you are prepared to spend a bit of time looking after resolving minor issues when putting them into service they do what they are supoosed to do and do it very well. Guess its like comparing a BMW (or a Mustang to keep Rocket happy) to a garden variety common car. With proper maintainence one will likely give better long term service and be more of a pleasure to operate, you need to pay for the privilege though. No free lunch!

Cabnet,
    You say you are a novice.I can beat you on that one.I am manually using the Thermwood control to just cut panels like a table saw.These CAD programs drive me nuts.My first job on the router was shipping crates built of spruce ply and aspenite.A table saw would have been faster.I don't own the machine but am renting the shop after hours for little money.
    Being Novice and new to the thread it has helped to be in the same boat.
    BTW how much was your machine and Rockets?I searched the web and can not find a distributer.It would be interesting to compare prices.
    The Thermwood was $120,000
    5X10
    10HpHSD spindle 6 tool station.
    20Hp vacuum pump.
    The shop also has Solidworks.Little use to me as Corel Draw gives me a hard time.
    May have to go back to school.Iwill post some picks later if I can learn how to do it.
    Good Thread guys
    Larry

my machine

ia a camaster built gy bill glenn www.camaster.com bill also has other routers and is a US dealer for the same machine that rocket has, i'll let rocket tell you about his machine a while back we did some price comparisons and found most machines were within 500 to 1000.00 of each other depending on shipping then came options ie spindles vaccumms etc. what kind of shop are you in solid works is a fine program $$$$$$$$$
    will post more later

G`day Larry, Crikey mate - $120,000 is too much for us!

Our Excitech was $20,000 delivered.
    5ft x 10ft Table, 3.5KW HSD Spindle, Bakelite Table top with Becker Vacuum Pump. Stepper motors and Delta Inverter.
    We opted not to get the Auto Tool Changer for our first machine.
    I can see a 2nd machine with Servo motors and ATC in our not very distant future. This one will cost about $25,000 delivered.

Maybe consider buying Ucancam software for only $150 or V Carve Pro for about $600.

Rocket.

GEEZ Rocket my math is bad.I will pullout the calculater.Lets see 120,000 divided by 20,000=6.I could buy 6 Excitech for the same money.Wouldn't know where to put them.
    Cabnet,I am sharing space with a company that builds flight cases.It is really over kill for the guy[the machine]He probably uses it 5hrs a week.He is happy for me to use the shop and router for $5 bucks/hr to pay the electric.Too bad I am CAD Dumb.Gotta take a crash course.BTW I build pro loudspeaker cabinets.
    I want to build a machine,but the Excitec is probably cheaper than what wanted to build.Camaster says the frames are castiron if so cast iron is much better than the usual steel tube frame.
    I'll hangout on your thread to see how you guys are do'n if you don't mind.
    :cheers:
    Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drink.gif  

GEEZ Rocket my math is bad.I will pullout the calculater.Lets see 120,000 divided by 20,000=6.I could buy 6 Excitech for the same money.Wouldn't know where to put them.
    Cabnet,I am sharing space with a company that builds flight cases.It is really over kill for the guy[the machine]He probably uses it 5hrs a week.He is happy for me to use the shop and router for $5 bucks/hr to pay the electric.Too bad I am CAD Dumb.Gotta take a crash course.BTW I build pro loudspeaker cabinets.
    I want to build a machine,but the Excitec is probably cheaper than what wanted to build.Camaster says the frames are castiron if so cast iron is much better than the usual steel tube frame.
    I'll hangout on your thread to see how you guys are do'n if you don't mind.
    :cheers:
    Larry
    Currently having the last "holiday beer" before the real works starts. I have my MSc in Acoustics and planing to do loudspeaker work my self in addition to Pool Cue work. Which type of speakers do you focus on ?

K

Larry, Our table is welded steel construction. I have not measured the RHS but it would be about 3" x 2". The gantry is cast Aluminium as far as i know. But it is super heavy and very sturdy.

If you are interested in these machines just send taney an Email and he will probably send you the prices.

[email protected] or [email protected]

I will think about all you guys while i am downing a whole lot of "Crownies" over the next few days.

( Look at Ucancam Software. $150 and appears easy to use )

Rocket.

larry

i am real happy with my relationship with camaster, kieth g (another camaster owner near me) was who i visited when i was searching for the machine in the us, it was seeing how satisfied he was that lead me to go camaster as soon as i had the opportunity to. i build a lot of things but one of our strong points is interiors for home theaters so we mess with a lot of sound deadning and such,

i have landed a job to produce signs for an apartment complex and i had the machine just a few days when it came in. there are a lot of ways to make money with these things and while i have had some machines buy themselves in just one job i feel this one will pay off quick!!

rocket don't get too sunburnt and keep the computer on. do you have wifi in aus, or over the cell network we have online axcess just about any where now.

larry how are you cutting or are you just cutting by jogging man you could learn a simple cam program for part nesting for as little as 250.00 and program your parts thermwood provides the software for thier machine FREE!!!!

http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/

check it out
    cabnet
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

dude

you could cut and machine the parts for what i see in about 7 to 20 minutes
    cabnet

Larry
    I was told the same thing about the exitech SHG-0609 machine. It is not true. Cast aluminum only.

Mark

Hi Kent,
    This is what I do.Sure could use a router.Everything is rabbit and dadoes done with a hand router and templates.For this type of work any ideas to a simple CAD program?
    Just finishing up my Holsten dark German beer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sub-1.jpg   sub-5.jpg   drink.gif  

Hi Kent,
    This is what I do.Sure could use a router.Everything is rabbit and dadoes done with a hand router and templates.For this type of work any ideas to a simple CAD program?
    Just finishing up my Holsten dark German beer.
    Bass horns, PA I guess? Had my last beer and I'll PM tomorrow. I guess you thought's on loudspeakers is out of the subject, so I'll give you my email address and we could share ideas on CNC and loudspeakers. I'm currently working on some studio monitors and some BIIIIGGG ribbon ones for personal use.

"I'll be back" as the Governater say's.

K

Page 27 of 78 1725262728293777