I have a problem with BobCAD-CAM V25, that BobCAD Customer Service will not address in a satisfactory way. I bought and paid for BobCAD-CAM V25 along with BobCAD Art with the understanding that I was getting all of the functions and features that I need to run my CNC in a small sign making shop. After numerous e-mails and phone conversations with tech support and customer service. Ms. B.P. "Customer Service Manager" admits that I was mislead into believing that BobCAD-CAM V25 will do all of the functions I need to run my sign making business. Ms. B.P. "Customer Service Manager" states in an e-mail, that "after carefully listening to the phone calls between you and Mark I did find where he misled you on advertising a feature we unfortunately do not currently offer". And Ms. B.P. "Customer Service Manager" is telling me that I will be given a refund upon the return of the software that I purchased from BobCAD.
Well here is the problem..............
BobCAD wants me to pay a 20% restocking fee to return the software!!!!
I explained to Ms. B.P. "Customer Service Manager" that I would not have purchased the software if I had been told up front by Mr. M.W. that some functions and features are missing from BobCAD-CAM that I need to make my signs. Ms. B.P. is insisting that their return policy says "All refunds are subject to a 20% of the Purchase Price restocking fee." And also says: "Upon installing the software, you agreed to the policy. I have included a copy of the Refund Policy for your records."
So, BobCAD wants me to give them $120 for a 'restocking fee' for a problem I did not create. Ms. B.P. "Customer Service Manager" admits that I was misled (nice way of saying "Lied To") into buying the software package by Mr. M.W. but they will not take responsibly for a mistake and refund my full purchase price.
I would like to ask the community here on CNCzone. What would you do to resolve this lack of understanding, short of legal help, on BobCAD's part?