588,501 active members*
5,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 14 1234513
    Update:
    Spoke with broker agent today, they expect the customs clearance to be approved by tomorrow morning. The shipping company will drive the crate from Milwaukee to Madison on Wednesday... and from Madison to my home on Thursday. :banana:
    I will take some pics during unloading and unpacking.

On my current machine, i have flood coolant, so it's constant flood coolant. Misting, mists on the "coolant". But I'd have a VAC system for clean up, hell, maybe for clamping.

One of my favorite videos.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csfIUFsfe-0&feature=related"]YouTube - DATRON CNC Machines[/nomedia]

TAKE LOTS OF PICS!

wow 1:45, that little 'M10' machine is cutting atleast 5mm deep!
    I have never seen a mist system like that! I've only seen the ones that pour it on.

Hello everyone, sorry for the late reply... It has arrived and physically looks in great condition. I have been super busy lately and havent had a chance to do much with it. The machine came with a PCI card for the controller, I was planning on using my laptop so instead I will have to piece together a computer.
    I took lots of pictures and will post them soon.

As Promised
    CNC with 4th-Axis Rotary:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0349.JPG   IMG_0351.JPG   IMG_0353.JPG   IMG_0354.JPG  

IMG_0356.JPG   IMG_0358.JPG   IMG_0361.JPG   IMG_0362.JPG  

IMG_0363.JPG   IMG_0368.JPG   IMG_0369.JPG   IMG_0370.JPG  

IMG_0371.JPG   IMG_0372.JPG   IMG_0373.JPG   IMG_0376.JPG  

IMG_0377.JPG   IMG_0379.JPG   IMG_0381.JPG   IMG_0382.JPG  

IMG_0383.JPG   IMG_0395.jpg  

Little surprise on the 4th axis rotary... its over 4ft long!

Looks Great!

Viroy can you give me a breakdown of what the extra costs were to get it.
    I am going to go for the XJ1212 with upgrades! I am in Ohio so it will probably be similar to what you went through. Did the shipping cost from SaleCNC cover to the warehouse by you? Don't forget to let everyone know how it cuts aluminum...
    Kevin

Im having trouble getting it working.
    The PCI card is for NCstudio, but windows cannot find a driver.
    I have installed and re-installed, tried on a second computer with 2 different versions of ncstudio... still nothing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hardware driver.JPG   ncstudio error.JPG  

Viroy,

Have you tried using version 4.53?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Actually I gave up on the software included, everything is in chinese and the drivers are definitely not in there.
    I downloaded ver 5.43 from:
    Laser Machine,Laser Etching Machine,PCB router,Laser engraving equiment-JCUT

This copy did include the correct drivers, so the card is now installed and ncstudio will finally open. I just now got this working, so tomorrow I will try a few jog tests with maybe an engrave test on wood.

It was also supposed to come with a copy of ArtCAM, but this copy is also chinese and I cannot read a thing. Anyone know where I can get an english version?

I have some video of a jog test, for some reason I cannot get it uploaded as an attachment on this site, even zipped (only 3mb).
    If you would like to see, let me know and I will email it.

The motion is quite smooth and amazingly quiet! Especially the spindle.
    You can hear my mouse clicks over the machine its so quiet.

I was just about to do an engraving test when I found a few problems.
    First, they did NOT include the correct wrenches to unscrew the collet.
    Then they included just one RUSTY 5-9mm collet that only fits 3 of the included bits.
    Their 'setup' video shows them using a bit holder to fit the smaller tools, but I didnt get one of those. I also didnt get the bit set shown in their videos, and the tool bits are not labeled well enough to identify them... so I spent like 2 hours fishing through the chinese tool manufacturer website to identify them and get proper measurements for CAD programming.

I found out that they only put in 3 controllers... Jimmy says to use the 4th axis rotary, swap the connection with the X axis controller :/

So far, I am satisfied that the machine works.... but its like someone else made the machine and salecnc put no effort into even making sure there was ample information to get it running for the first time. It came with 0 information. I had to ask them every single thing about it, even whether the green or red button is main power!

For the machine itself, good deal... Seems well built.
    As a package, terrible. I am looking into getting a new Techniks chuck and collet set. I have asked Jimmy if it is a CAT40 or BT or what type of chuck... but he doesnt seem to know as he just keeps replying "its er20 collet".
    Here is the collet set I am thinking of ordering today:
    12 Pcs. Close Tolerance ER 20 2-13 by 1mm collet set | eBay

Today I am going to do a wood engrave test with one of the larger bits.
    Ill take some video.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rusty collet.jpg  

Can anyone recommend a specific end-mill set? I need to purchase a good set ASAP.
    I've been reading alot and from what I have learned, I believe TiAlN Coated end-mills are the best for aluminum. TiAlN is also sometimes called AlTiN.. stands for Titanium Aluminum Nitrogen.
    I also believe high helix 2-Flute is best for 6061 aluminum?

I have searched ebay all day and only found one suitable set:
    7 PCS 2 FLUTED TiAlN CARBIDE SLOT DRILL CNC CUTTERS H03 | eBay
    This looks like a good starter set... except 3mm is the smallest so I may have to buy a second set focusing on smaller sizes.

I would prefer a metric set.

Get this... the bolts included for clamping parts down to the table, are too large and will not fit in the T-slot.

Welllll...

Just for the record, I won't order from them based on this alone. It takes months for a package to arrive from China, you would expect everything and MORE to be included.

Sigh.

-Jason

Well I'm making some great progress, I did 2 engrave tests today.
    The machine worked flawlessly even though I crashed it the very first attempt lol... the NCstudio logic is odd, I do not like it at all and would like to start using mach3 instead.

The first successful test was a Honda logo, 5mm face depth, 3mm cut depth (see attached pic1)
    The second was the same logo (I stopped it 1/2 way thru cutting), 0 face depth, 1mm cut depth.(see attached pic2)

It was then I realized that the Honda logo was the right width, but 1/2 the height! They told me the wrong pulse rates for the stepper motors!
    So I fixed the rates and just cut the letter "H" from the Honda logo to confirm correct size. It is now cutting to scale. You can see the lone letter H on pic2.

I ordered an ER20 collet set and assorted end mill's from maritool.com today. Very nice website, friendly and knowledgeable on the phone and looks to me like excellent prices... the best part is, overnight shipping is $30!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Test1.jpg   Test2.jpg  

I would now say the sale is completed.
    As for my experience with SaleCNC:

Pros:
    Speaks English well
    Excellent price
    Sturdy, quiet and accurate CNC
    Delivery to door
    Usually get quick email responses

Cons:
    Cost me about $600 due to lacking knowledge of proper USA import rules.
    Only one rusty collet included that fits three of the twelve included bits.
    T-Slot bolts did not fit T-Slots.
    Sent 4 foot 18ga power cable underrated for amperage and a serious hazard.
    Gave wrong pulse rates for steppers.
    Absolutely no information included about hardware.
    Software did not include drivers, had to download from 3rd party.
    Long delivery time, changes through lots of hands.
    No return policy

There are alot of cons there... but for the machine itself, I am happy.
    I still don't think I could have found a better machine for less anywhere else.
    It cost about $400 to get the collets, endmills, T-slot bolts and power cable I needed to be 100%. All said and done, I have about $6k invested.
    But, all this week I will be working up to cutting aluminum... I think it will pay itself off before too long

I love your spunk!

The high helix is the way to go, if you want to spend the money.
    I use 2 flute TiN coated end mills and a mister with oil in it. Works great and cheaper. I make axle plates for full and jr. dragsters for a local company out of 1/4" sheet aluminum. I have to do them one at a time. Thats why I am interested in a bigger table. I have two mills one is an old Anilam Crusader M (damn thing won't die), the other is a mighty comet I tried to retro fit with a mach motion setup two years ago for $6,000 (still isn't working like it should).
    I really appreciate all the info, keep it coming.

I want to see how it cuts Aluminum ! Keep us updated.

-Jason

Yes I am dying to go to aluminum, but dont wanna damage anything from rushing. Here is one of the bits I just received that I plan to use for aluminum:
    3mm metric 3 Flute Carbide End Mill SE 38 Deg Helix 12mm LOC MariTool

I also ordered pretty much a whole set of these:
    .0394 (1mm) dia 4 flute sqr TIALN carbide finisher .118 loc MariTool

Page 3 of 14 1234513